PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report EZY LGW-AMS-LGW

Miss L. Toe
September 23rd, 2003, 10:11 AM
Not a lot to report, other than a very long queue at the Easyjet checkin
desks at LGW (which have moved) all the way back into the arrivals area !,
however the queue moved quickly (I guess thats the advantage of agents not
spending time trying to figure out how to meet passengers seating requests).
However by the time we had checked in the queue was a lot shorter. But the
queue for security by this time streched back almost to the arrivals area,
but at 5am they opened more security points and it then moved extremly fast.
(Maybe the lesson is dont checkin too early ???)

I blinked and almost missed the short flight, except for the good view of
London (from the millenium dome west) which would have been worth a photo if
it had not been so hazy.

On the return, we arrived early at the airport to see a 'delayed' status to
our 20:40 flight, a later screen showed it delayed until 22:15 (at least I
guess), however a kind word and a smile to the checkin agent got us on the
19:10 at no extra charge (they did stress it was not normal policy to put us
on an earlier flight and were only doing it because of the delay). Maybe the
lesson is DO check in early.

The taxi to the end of the runway seemed to take ages, and I did notice that
we appeared to drive over a bridge over a canal. Which reminded me of the
runway bridge over the main road at CDG, are there any other interesting
runways with bridges (apart from the odd small road tunnel).

Miss L. Toe
September 23rd, 2003, 10:58 AM
"AJC" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:11:04 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
> > wrote:
>
> >Not a lot to report, other than a very long queue at the Easyjet checkin
> >desks at LGW (which have moved)
>
> Where have they moved to? I will be looking for them later this year,
> they used to be to the left hand side of the terminal as you enter,
> opposite Virgin didn't they?

Not far, just a couple of rows further along, right outside the security
checkpoint.
But it did remind me of when the move things around at the supermarket.

> >The taxi to the end of the runway seemed to take ages, and I did notice
that
> >we appeared to drive over a bridge over a canal.
>

> That will have been the new runway, first time I landed on it I
> thought we had arrived in Haarlem rather than Schiphol. The captain
> kept telling us to sit back and relax as it would be a long taxi to
> the gate. It seems time consuming, but you don't tend to get long
> queues to take off, or land, so it is really no worse than sitting for
> 20 minutes or more waiting to take off from LGW, LHR etc.

True, but a 20 minute taxi ride before a 40 minute flight just feels a bit
strange.

Sjoerd
September 23rd, 2003, 08:50 PM
"AJC" > schreef in bericht
> Well at AMS there are taxi ways taking you over the 8 lane A4
> motorway.

10 lanes actually. (2 + 3 in both directions)

Sjoerd