PDA

View Full Version : Tips for flying America West for longtime Southwest customer?

This Old Man
September 17th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Flying SJC to MIA. Anything I should know? I liked the price and I liked
that I got to pick my seat. So far so good!

mrtravel
September 17th, 2003, 07:23 PM
This Old Man wrote:

> Flying SJC to MIA. Anything I should know? I liked the price and I liked
> that I got to pick my seat. So far so good!

Yeah, but no free ticket after 4 round trips booked online.

DALing
September 17th, 2003, 07:58 PM
they do tend to run late
"This Old Man" > wrote in message
y.com...
> Flying SJC to MIA. Anything I should know? I liked the price and I liked
> that I got to pick my seat. So far so good!

Blake S
September 17th, 2003, 08:05 PM
"This Old Man" > wrote in message
y.com...
> Flying SJC to MIA. Anything I should know? I liked the price and I liked
> that I got to pick my seat. So far so good!

I think America West charges for your meals, so you might want to bring
something on the plane with you. Personally, I would've looked into the
OAK-FLL flight on Jet Blue for 214.00.

I have had bad experiences with both Southwest and America West, maybe just
my luck. My biggest problem with America West is their cronic lateness and
the seat pitch on the A-320's. The seats on the A-320's used to be thin and
uncomfortably stiff, don't know if that has changed or not.

mrtravel
September 17th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Blake S wrote:
> I think America West charges for your meals, so you might want to bring
> something on the plane with you. Personally, I would've looked into the
> OAK-FLL flight on Jet Blue for 214.00.
>
> I have had bad experiences with both Southwest and America West, maybe just
> my luck. My biggest problem with America West is their cronic lateness and
> the seat pitch on the A-320's. The seats on the A-320's used to be thin and
> uncomfortably stiff, don't know if that has changed or not.

Don't you find it odd that people ask these questions AFTER buying their
non refundable ticket?

This Old Man
September 18th, 2003, 12:07 AM
"mrtravel" > wrote in message
y.com...
> Blake S wrote:
> > I think America West charges for your meals, so you might want to bring
> > something on the plane with you. Personally, I would've looked into the
> > OAK-FLL flight on Jet Blue for 214.00.
> >
> > I have had bad experiences with both Southwest and America West, maybe
just
> > my luck. My biggest problem with America West is their cronic lateness
and
> > the seat pitch on the A-320's. The seats on the A-320's used to be thin
and
> > uncomfortably stiff, don't know if that has changed or not.
>
> Don't you find it odd that people ask these questions AFTER buying their
> non refundable ticket?

Good point. I really didn't have a choice unless I wanted to fly out of
Oakland and pay twice as much when less than two weeks notice.

This Old Man
September 18th, 2003, 12:08 AM
"Blake S" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "This Old Man" > wrote in message
> y.com...
> > Flying SJC to MIA. Anything I should know? I liked the price and I
liked
> > that I got to pick my seat. So far so good!
> >

> I think America West charges for your meals, so you might want to bring
> something on the plane with you. Personally, I would've looked into the
> OAK-FLL flight on Jet Blue for 214.00.

Thanks for the advice. I'm taking the red-eye for $140.00 with less than two
weeks advance booking. I couldn't resist, and I live near SJC and staying
right near the MIA airport.

This Old Man
September 18th, 2003, 12:12 AM
"DALing" <daling43[delete]-at-hotmail.com> wrote in message
> they do tend to run late
> "This Old Man" > wrote in message
> y.com...
> > Flying SJC to MIA. Anything I should know? I liked the price and I
liked
> > that I got to pick my seat. So far so good!

I'm on the red-eye with an open schedule the next day so as long as they get
me there within a couple hours of schedule I'll be OK. FLW (Famous Last
Words)

Thanks

This Old Man
September 18th, 2003, 12:12 AM
"mrtravel" > wrote in message
y.com...
> This Old Man wrote:
>
> > Flying SJC to MIA. Anything I should know? I liked the price and I
liked
> > that I got to pick my seat. So far so good!
> >

> Yeah, but no free ticket after 4 round trips booked online.

Absolutely right!

I'm holding four rewards tickets now but I didn't want to use them when AWA
was only $140.00 with less than two weeks advance booking. Plus the red-eye
is just up my alley - save the hotel money for that night and it leaves SJC
in the evening, after work.