PDA

View Full Version : TexMex?

Frank F. Matthews
September 11th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Mike Torbre wrote:
> Frank F. Matthews wrote:

>> Mike Torbre wrote:

>>> More like Tex-Mex.

>> Strange how TexMex has invaded southern Mexico then. FFM

> Most kinds of tortillas and 'mexican' food in america have been modified
> to suit the american palate. hence, tex-mex.

If flour tortillas are Tex Mex the so is food in southern Mexico. They
use flour tortillas there. FFM

Icono Clast
September 12th, 2003, 10:29 AM
"Frank F. Matthews" > wrote:
> [...]

Randee sounds as ignorant as the guy who sent us to a Spanish
restaurant (Oh, boy! We haven't had Spanish food in ages!) near where
we were staying near Phoenix (is it Greyhound?). Never found it; ended
up at a Chinese place. The next day he enquired. Seems that the
"Spanish" place to which he sent us was a Mexican place that we passed
several times.

A tortilla, in a Spanish restaurant, is made from neither flour nor
corn.
A San Francisco gourmand: "You serve it, I'll eat it!"
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net

Frank F. Matthews
September 12th, 2003, 03:40 PM
If you are going to delete everything that I wrote please remove the
reference to me in the message. I know that your grazer adds it when
you hit reply and you do mention Randee but too many idiots will think I
have some connection with the message. FFM