PDA

View Full Version : Flight Bargains

Ade L
September 12th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Pop yourself over to www.ryanair.com

Offer FREE Seats - just pay taxes and charges

Booking period:
Friday 12 September - midnight Monday 15 September

Travel period: 23 September - 17 December
Advance purchase: 7 days
Applicable days: Monday to Sunday
Blackout Period 17 October - 02 November

Hope this helps someone

Adrian

JohnT
September 12th, 2003, 03:48 PM
"Ade L" > wrote in message
> Pop yourself over to www.ryanair.com
>
> Offer FREE Seats - just pay taxes and charges
>
> Booking period:
> Friday 12 September - midnight Monday 15 September
>
> Travel period: 23 September - 17 December
> Advance purchase: 7 days
> Applicable days: Monday to Sunday
> Blackout Period 17 October - 02 November
>
> Hope this helps someone
>
> Adrian

It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to and
from Airports in the middle of nowhere.

JohnT

Ade L
September 12th, 2003, 03:50 PM

> It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to and
> from Airports in the middle of nowhere.
>
> JohnT

Some people are just never happy...

:-(

A friend has just booked for two people return Leeds - Dublin £23.00 over a
weekend.

Adrian

Des O'Donoghue
September 12th, 2003, 10:30 PM
JohnT wrote:
> "Ade L" > wrote in message
>> Pop yourself over to www.ryanair.com
>>
>> Offer FREE Seats - just pay taxes and charges
>>
>> Booking period:
>> Friday 12 September - midnight Monday 15 September
>>
>> Travel period: 23 September - 17 December
>> Advance purchase: 7 days
>> Applicable days: Monday to Sunday
>> Blackout Period 17 October - 02 November
>>
>> Hope this helps someone
>>
>> Adrian
>>
> It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to
> and from Airports in the middle of nowhere.

I´m flying from Cork (airport at the top of airport hill) to Stansted on
Tuesday. I booked during their last sale and its eur21 all-in for a single.
I looked today and all morning flights next week from Cork to Stansted are
eur149 - eur199 . To go on the flight I´m on would cost eur199 + tax. Thats
the highest I´ve ever seen Ryanair charge (or indeed any airline nowadays)

I would love to ask the person enxt to me how much they paid... :-)

Barbara Vaughan
September 13th, 2003, 10:00 AM
JohnT wrote:

> It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to and
> from Airports in the middle of nowhere.

I have used Ryanair often. They use an Italian airport near my home,
which isn't in the middle of nowhere, and they get me close enough to
London for my purposes.

The airport in Ancona (actually Falconara) is very well-placed for
either a beach holiday on the Adriatic or a tour of the hill towns of
Umbria and Le Marche. (Just as beuatiful as Tuscany and a lot less
crowded.)

Barbara

tim
September 13th, 2003, 10:50 AM
"JohnT" > wrote in message

> "Ade L" > wrote in message
> > Pop yourself over to www.ryanair.com
> >
> > Offer FREE Seats - just pay taxes and charges
> >
> > Booking period:
> > Friday 12 September - midnight Monday 15 September
> >
> > Travel period: 23 September - 17 December
> > Advance purchase: 7 days
> > Applicable days: Monday to Sunday
> > Blackout Period 17 October - 02 November
> >
> > Hope this helps someone
> >
> > Adrian
> >
> It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to and
> from Airports in the middle of nowhere.

I wish my compatriots were so minded. I checked at 20:00 last night
after I saw this post and every flight over the Einheit Tag holiday is
completely full (Ok I would expect them to be half full by now anyway)
If I want to go RA that weekend I would now have to travel out
wednesday and back the following Tuesday (which to make use of a
one day holiday is pretty daft)

YMMV (Oh, it obviously does, doesn't it or you wouldn't have
made the comment that you did)

Tim

> JohnT

Mark Hewitt
September 13th, 2003, 03:00 PM
"JohnT" > wrote in message

> It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to and
> from Airports in the middle of nowhere.

Does that mean them 'unreal'??

Ryanair flies from my local airport - Newcastle, same as British Airways
It goes to Dublin airport,, the same one that British Airways goes to..

I guess British Airways isn't a real airline either.....

andyhumphriss
September 14th, 2003, 12:55 AM
"JohnT" > wrote in message

> "Ade L" > wrote in message
> > Pop yourself over to www.ryanair.com
> >
> > Offer FREE Seats - just pay taxes and charges
> >
> > Booking period:
> > Friday 12 September - midnight Monday 15 September
> >
> > Travel period: 23 September - 17 December
> > Advance purchase: 7 days
> > Applicable days: Monday to Sunday
> > Blackout Period 17 October - 02 November
> >
> > Hope this helps someone
> >
> > Adrian
> >
> It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to and
> from Airports in the middle of nowhere.
>
> JohnT

I've just booked 3 flights to Verona (Brescia) for £60 (pounds). The cost of
the shuttle bus into Verona is 15 ? return. 30 pounds for a return flight to
a beautiful northern Italian city that I would never have had the chance to
visit previously is ok by me.

Thank goodness they are not a real airline.

What do you want? Are you really willing to pay 5 to 10 times that much for
a crap airline meal and an airport that is 15 - 20 km nearer?
Hell, you might get to the city 15 minutes before me.

Andy

David Horne
September 14th, 2003, 10:28 AM
andyhumphriss > wrote:

> I've just booked 3 flights to Verona (Brescia) for £60 (pounds). The cost of
> the shuttle bus into Verona is 15 ? return. 30 pounds for a return flight to
> a beautiful northern Italian city that I would never have had the chance to
> visit previously is ok by me.

I recently flew from Manchester to Belfast Int. for £20 return. Public
transport (tram, train, bus) on each end works out at about £9 return,
so in effect, the flight was only £2 more than the cost of transport to
and from each airport!

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk

Phil Richards
September 14th, 2003, 08:22 PM
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:48:50 +0100 JohnT
> said...

> It would be a good deal if Ryanair were a real airline. They fly to and
> from Airports in the middle of nowhere.

You mean like Dublin which is used by other unreal airlines like Aer
Lingus, British Airways etc.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4