TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=176648)

Eric[_7_] February 28th, 2012 07:20 PM

travel

cheapest cruise??

Gettamulla Tupya[_2_] February 28th, 2012 10:56 PM

travel

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:20:00 -0800 (PST), Eric wrote:

cheapest cruise??

A ferry.

me[_11_] February 29th, 2012 08:18 PM

travel

when you find one let me know!!
i have 27 cruises and cant find a decent price
on any line for single senior,to the crib.
"Eric" wrote in message
cheapest cruise??

RayC March 1st, 2012 03:42 AM

travel

On 2/28/2012 11:20 AM, Eric wrote:
cheapest cruise??

That depends on what category you fall under ... retired or active
military, retired or active employee of airline, last minute cruiser, etc.

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Cruise Crazy March 1st, 2012 11:43 AM

travel

Cheapest cruise???
Join the navy...see the world!

~~Doris~~

Gadget World March 1st, 2012 02:05 PM

travel

The discounts fr military are small as is the discounts for seniors,
etc.

What I want to know is where do all the suites goat the last minute?

They must give them away to some large agencies.

Gadget

RayC March 1st, 2012 09:05 PM

travel

On 3/1/2012 3:43 AM, Cruise Crazy wrote:
Cheapest cruise???
Join the navy...see the world!

~~Doris~~

THAT's not cheap!! It cost me a knee while I was visiting a far off
Asian land! ;-)

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

RayC March 1st, 2012 09:16 PM

travel

On 3/1/2012 6:05 AM, Gadget World wrote:
The discounts fr military are small as is the discounts for seniors,
etc.

What I want to know is where do all the suites goat the last minute?

They must give them away to some large agencies.

Gadget

Upgrades. They give away the cheap seats and upgrade their better
customers. Then they discount the cheap seats heavily. I just got an
email for a 7-Day Eastern Caribbean round trip from Ft. Lauderdale at
$299 but it leaves in a little over a week. At $42 per day this one is
pretty good but I have seen them as low as $28 per day. but, when they
are discounting this low for inside cabins, you KNOW they are upgrading
some of their other customers.

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Janet Wilder March 1st, 2012 11:36 PM

travel

On 3/1/2012 8:05 AM, Gadget World wrote:
The discounts fr military are small as is the discounts for seniors,
etc.

What I want to know is where do all the suites goat the last minute?

One of them went to ME!

Paid for a 2B cabin on Celebrity Century for a 15 day Hawaii cruise (San
Diego to San Diego)and got a 2A veranda for the price due to loyalty
club status. After final payment they had a quickie sale on sky suites.
I called and they were nice enough to over-ride the fact that the
offer, at a senior citizen rate, was for new bookings only.

The offer was an unbelievable $600 per person less than I had paid but
after final payment, I can't get the difference. By giving me this cabin
for what I paid for the 2B and releasing the 2A at a higher price,
Celebrity is not losing any money.

I am sailing in a suite with a butler for the price of the cheapest
veranda (balcony). With 9 sea days, I'm going to love all that extra
real estate (246 sq. ft. cabin with 179 sq. ft. balcony. The balcony
alone is the size of the cabin I had paid for. I also get full lounge
chairs on the veranda. How cool is that!?

I know I got lucky. This will be my first suite sailing in years and
years of cruising. It will also probably be my last, but I'm really
excited about it.

Not sure what I will do with a butler, but I'll figure it out. :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas