TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Aruba/Curacao shopping Questions? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=105821)

MItch February 12th, 2007 11:28 PM

Aruba/Curacao shopping Questions?

Hi,
First time cruiser.........
1 day on each island, Aruba and Curacao, which is better to shop for gold
jewelery and perfume? - what are the best stores if known? What should I
look for in way of best buys?
Is buying jewelery on the Westerdam more advantageous price wise?
Thank you in advance,
Suzanne

[email protected] February 14th, 2007 01:29 AM

On Feb 12, 6:28 pm, "MItch" wrote:
Hi,
First time cruiser.........
1 day on each island, Aruba and Curacao, which is better to shop for gold
jewelery and perfume? - what are the best stores if known? What should I
look for in way of best buys?
Is buying jewelery on the Westerdam more advantageous price wise?
Thank you in advance,
Suzanne

WE just got off the Westerdam last week...absolutely LOVED it! The
staff are the absolute best and the ship is just beautiful.

I found perfume to be reasonably priced in Aruba and I bought
embroidered linen table cloths in Curacao. Other than that, I wasn't
looking for jewelry this trip (lucky for husband). Oh yeah, hubby did
buy me a Swarovski bracelet and Anne Klein watch on the ship and both
were reasonably priced.

Have a great cruise.

Jo-Ann