TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Transport from paris CDG airport to hotel !! (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11247)

Mahesha November 23rd, 2003 02:41 PM

Transport from paris CDG airport to hotel !!

Hi All,
I'm visiting Paris with my wife this december.
I'll be starting from London on Dec 29th evening and reaching Paris
Dec 29th night 9.00 p.m at CDG airport. Here are the details of the
hotel where I've made
reservation.

Grand Hotel Nouvel Opera
152 Avenue Ledru Rollin
Paris 75011
France

I would like to know a economical mode of getting to and from the
airport to this hotel.

Regards,
Mahesha

Giova' November 23rd, 2003 05:56 PM

Transport from paris CDG airport to hotel !!

On 23-11-2003 15:41, in article
, "Mahesha"
ha scritto:

Hi All,
I'm visiting Paris with my wife this december.
I'll be starting from London on Dec 29th evening and reaching Paris
Dec 29th night 9.00 p.m at CDG airport. Here are the details of the
hotel where I've made
reservation.

Grand Hotel Nouvel Opera
152 Avenue Ledru Rollin
Paris 75011
France

I would like to know a economical mode of getting to and from the
airport to this hotel.

Regards,
Mahesha

I don't know where the hotel is but, as you reach the airport, there is the
subway that brings you everywhere, it's also easy to understand how it works
(wich line brings you where etc)

Joseph Feng November 23rd, 2003 07:11 PM

Transport from paris CDG airport to hotel !!

Here is how I would do it:

Get euros at a Cashpoint in CDG

Take the RER from CDG2 to Gare du Nord
Take Metro #5 toward(direction) Place d'Italie
Transfer(correspondence) to Metro #9 toward
Mairie de Montreuil at Republique or Oberkampf
Exit(Sortie) at Voltaire

Your RER ticket for 7.75 euros is also valid
for the Metro portion of this trip

Make sure Voltaire is your closest Metro stop
before following these directions