TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Don't cover me (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=176698)

Tom P[_6_] March 5th, 2012 11:18 AM

Don't cover me

In case anyone is masochistic enough to want to book a flight with
Ryanair, here's a hint - Ryanair offers the option of not buying travel
insurance. Just check the box to say you don't want coverage. The
challenge is to find the box.

Here's the answer - open the drop-down box "country of origin", and
scroll down. About half way, between Latvia and Lithuania, there's an
option "Don't cover me".

Perhaps it might be better if I didn't comment.

Tom P[_6_] March 5th, 2012 01:56 PM

Don't cover me

On 03/05/2012 12:36 PM, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:18:55 +0100, Tom wrote:

In case anyone is masochistic enough to want to book a flight with
Ryanair, here's a hint - Ryanair offers the option of not buying travel
insurance. Just check the box to say you don't want coverage. The
challenge is to find the box.

Here's the answer - open the drop-down box "country of origin", and
scroll down. About half way, between Latvia and Lithuania, there's an
option "Don't cover me".

Perhaps it might be better if I didn't comment.

Now you have given away their dirty little secret, Ryanair will locate
it somewhere else :)

lol - I expect they'll try to sue me for the costs of having to
rewrite the software.

Tim C.[_5_] March 5th, 2012 03:13 PM

Don't cover me

:

I just checked, you're right. They are seriously taking the ****!
--
Tim C.

David Horne[_2_] March 6th, 2012 04:33 PM

Don't cover me

Martin wrote:

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:13:21 +0100, "Tim C." wrote:

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:18:55 +0100, Tom P wrote in post :
:

In case anyone is masochistic enough to want to book a flight with
Ryanair, here's a hint - Ryanair offers the option of not buying travel
insurance. Just check the box to say you don't want coverage. The
challenge is to find the box.

Here's the answer - open the drop-down box "country of origin", and
scroll down. About half way, between Latvia and Lithuania, there's an
option "Don't cover me".

Perhaps it might be better if I didn't comment.

I just checked, you're right. They are seriously taking the ****!

Over to David Horne :-)

Yup, they're damn annoying. And the 'captcha' dialogue is annoying too.
But, people will use them if the price is right. I chose them over flybe
for a Belgium trip in early June, not just because they were cheaper,
but the flight times suited us better. (Not as early on departure, and
later on return.) Even flying to Charleroi instead of Brussels didn't
put us off...

In an ideal world, I'd prefer that all this BS was stopped, but UK
consumer law seems pretty weak...

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)

mikeos March 6th, 2012 06:29 PM

Don't cover me

On 06/03/2012 16:33, David Horne wrote:
wrote:

In an ideal world, I'd prefer that all this BS was stopped, but UK
consumer law seems pretty weak...

You really mean "EU consumer law". We don't make our own laws any more.

mikeos March 7th, 2012 08:39 AM

Don't cover me

wrote:

In an ideal world, I'd prefer that all this BS was stopped, but UK
consumer law seems pretty weak...

You really mean "EU consumer law". We don't make our own laws any more.

EU makes directives, national governments make laws.

Yes and the UK government does what they're told.

mikeos March 7th, 2012 09:04 PM

Don't cover me

On 07/03/2012 08:56, Martin wrote:

Yes and the UK government does what they're told.

Are you saying that "EU consumer law" is a bad thing?

I'm fairly certain that I did not write that!. Any laws MY government
wants to pass it is completely competent to do so.

mikeos March 8th, 2012 07:56 AM

Don't cover me

On 07/03/2012 22:12, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:04:39 +0000, wrote:

On 07/03/2012 08:56, Martin wrote:

Yes and the UK government does what they're told.

Are you saying that "EU consumer law" is a bad thing?

I'm fairly certain that I did not write that!. Any laws MY government
wants to pass it is completely competent to do so.

Here's the message with the headers. It looks like the message came
from you. If it didn't take it up with your ISP

So where does it state I said that "EU consumer law" is a bad thing?

Runge 132 March 10th, 2012 09:50 PM

Don't cover me

Duh that was just for martin...

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:18:55 +0100, Tom P wrote:

In case anyone is masochistic enough to want to book a flight with
Ryanair, here's a hint - Ryanair offers the option of not buying travel
insurance. Just check the box to say you don't want coverage. The
challenge is to find the box.

Here's the answer - open the drop-down box "country of origin", and
scroll down. About half way, between Latvia and Lithuania, there's an
option "Don't cover me".

Perhaps it might be better if I didn't comment.

Now you have given away their dirty little secret, Ryanair will locate
it somewhere else :)
--

Martin

Runge 132 March 10th, 2012 09:50 PM

Don't cover me

Here we go, martin trying to win the longest useless thread.

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 07:56:49 +0000, mikeos wrote:

On 07/03/2012 22:12, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:04:39 +0000, wrote:

On 07/03/2012 08:56, Martin wrote:

Yes and the UK government does what they're told.

Are you saying that "EU consumer law" is a bad thing?

I'm fairly certain that I did not write that!. Any laws MY government
wants to pass it is completely competent to do so.

Here's the message with the headers. It looks like the message came
from you. If it didn't take it up with your ISP

So where does it state I said that "EU consumer law" is a bad thing?

I asked you if that was what you were trying to say.

Exactly what are you trying to say about "EU consumer law"?
--

Martin