TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   AUD exchange rate? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7679)

4000 psi January 14th, 2004 07:58 PM

AUD exchange rate?

the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

Raffi Balmanoukian January 14th, 2004 08:31 PM

AUD exchange rate?

in article YbhNb.3772$Xq2.1869@fed1read07, 4000 psi at
wrote on 1/14/04 3:58 PM:

the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

If you can predict that, go to work for the fed or the RBA - they pay people
a lot of money to guess wrong.

maxi January 14th, 2004 08:52 PM

AUD exchange rate?

easy: as soon as the intrest rates in the USA will start to rise the aud
will go down.

Max

"4000 psi" schreef in bericht
the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

David Bennetts January 14th, 2004 09:25 PM

AUD exchange rate?

"4000 psi" wrote in message
the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

Not for a while in my oipinion - whilst the US Government keep spending with
their Martian landings, star wars and the like under dubbya's regime they
won't recover from their huge deficit.

Regards

David Bennetts

Ian S January 14th, 2004 11:12 PM

AUD exchange rate?

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

| "4000 psi" wrote in message
| the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas
on
| when/if there'll be a recovery?
|
| your thoughts are appreciated?!
|
| Not for a while in my oipinion - whilst the US Government keep spending
with
| their Martian landings, star wars and the like under dubbya's regime they
| won't recover from their huge deficit.
|
| Regards
|
| David Bennetts

Don't forget that George wants to go to the moon soon and also replace the
shuttle fleet!

Rgds Ian S.............

Raffi Balmanoukian January 14th, 2004 11:17 PM

AUD exchange rate?

Don't forget that George wants to go to the moon soon and also replace the
shuttle fleet!

Rgds Ian S.............

Somebody must have told him there was no intelligent life in Washington....

Paul O January 15th, 2004 01:00 AM

AUD exchange rate?

When the RBA drops the reference interest rate!! Which could happen soon,
exporters are hurting badly!

"4000 psi" wrote in message
the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

Gerrit 't Hart January 15th, 2004 01:05 AM

AUD exchange rate?

"4000 psi" wrote in message
the US dollar has fallen compared to the AUD quite a bit ... any ideas on
when/if there'll be a recovery?

your thoughts are appreciated?!

The TV news here in Oz keeps telling me that the AUD is at a 7 year high.
Seems to me that the it is the AUD which is doing the recovering!

Gerrit

Tony Bailey January 15th, 2004 01:31 AM

AUD exchange rate?

"maxi" wrote in message
easy: as soon as the intrest rates in the USA will start to rise the aud
will go down.

Except for the small matter that the current US budget deficit - USD 500
Billion means that the US needs to raise that amount on the world markets
and will (according to an item on the '7.30 Report' the other night)
actually push UP interest rates outside the US.

Buddy, can you spare a dime?

George, can you spare a few billion?

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

4000 psi January 15th, 2004 01:37 AM

AUD exchange rate?

whats driving the AUD recovery though? and when will it end ... this is
nuts!

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
u...