TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   soda on hal (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=45711)

kathy tracy October 15th, 2004 09:43 AM

soda on hal

do you have to pay for soda on the ship? if so what does a coke or pepsi
cost? What drinks are free on the ship?

JLeary256 October 15th, 2004 12:19 PM

Yes, soda is pay as you go. ;) Was coke products last time I sailed HAL.
Iced tea, coffee is free.

JLeary256 October 15th, 2004 12:19 PM

Yes, soda is pay as you go. ;) Was coke products last time I sailed HAL.
Iced tea, coffee is free.

October 15th, 2004 12:31 PM

Soda is an added cost on most all cruise lines (cept high, high end ones).
A coke on HAL back in June was $2.50 plus 15%. Most of their ships offer a
'pop card'...a one time fee for all you can drink for the whole cruise. The
fee varies with the length of your cruise.

Coffee, tea, juices, lemonade, water, hot water/tea are all included (no
extra charge).

Anything with alcohol is extra except for a couple of hours for the captains
reception. (complimentary drinks, often rather toothless.)

Richard Whitlock October 15th, 2004 04:27 PM

Hi:

Soda is extra and I bring mine with me. I usually get the 20 oz six
packs and pack three to a jumbo zip-lock bag (give the tops and extra
"screw" as you pack them) and scatter them around the suitcase(s) with a
little stronger stuff in a similar bottle mixed in (lol). However, we
have just carried on a case (when we had our boys with us) on HAL when
it was docked close to a store that sold them. HAL didn't seem to care
about that or the beer we had.

Tucker in Texas

JLeary256 October 15th, 2004 09:39 PM

I too have just carried a case on board with no problem.

Brian K October 17th, 2004 12:43 AM

On 10/15/2004 4:39 PM JLeary256 plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and
said:

I too have just carried a case on board with no problem.

If you don't want to be bothered schlepping cases of soda on board, the
HAL Fountain Card is $27.50 for all u-want.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.