TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A nap in HKG airport (airside)? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2324)

david January 15th, 2004 06:32 PM

A nap in HKG airport (airside)?

I shall be arriving in HKG after a twelve hour flight, and will have
four hours to wait for my connection (to SGN). Can anyone suggest a
good place for me to rest? It must be on the airside, because my
ticket rules do not permit a stopover. I shall be flying on Cathay
Pacific in economy (M class): I have already asked about the
possibility of buying an upgrade to Business for the HKG-SGN sector
(to get access to a lounge) but apparently that is not possible.

Any suggestions?

Peter L January 15th, 2004 08:32 PM

A nap in HKG airport (airside)?

"david" wrote in message
om...
I shall be arriving in HKG after a twelve hour flight, and will have
four hours to wait for my connection (to SGN). Can anyone suggest a
good place for me to rest? It must be on the airside, because my
ticket rules do not permit a stopover. I shall be flying on Cathay
Pacific in economy (M class): I have already asked about the
possibility of buying an upgrade to Business for the HKG-SGN sector
(to get access to a lounge) but apparently that is not possible.

How about just on a chair?

Any suggestions?

Chris Blunt January 16th, 2004 12:48 PM

A nap in HKG airport (airside)?

On 15 Jan 2004 10:32:46 -0800, (david) wrote:

I shall be arriving in HKG after a twelve hour flight, and will have
four hours to wait for my connection (to SGN). Can anyone suggest a
good place for me to rest? It must be on the airside, because my
ticket rules do not permit a stopover. I shall be flying on Cathay
Pacific in economy (M class): I have already asked about the
possibility of buying an upgrade to Business for the HKG-SGN sector
(to get access to a lounge) but apparently that is not possible.

Don't worry too much about the ticket conditions. There's nothing to
stop you leaving the airport for a few hours if you wanted to,
assuming you don't need a visa to enter Hong Kong.

There are a couple of airside lounges open to the public for a charge.
The Premium Plaza lounge next to gate 40 is about the best. I think it
costs HK$250.

Chris

thegoons January 21st, 2004 11:42 AM

A nap in HKG airport (airside)?

Please refer to: http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

"Peter L" wrote in message

"david" wrote in message
om...
I shall be arriving in HKG after a twelve hour flight, and will have
four hours to wait for my connection (to SGN). Can anyone suggest a
good place for me to rest? It must be on the airside, because my
ticket rules do not permit a stopover. I shall be flying on Cathay
Pacific in economy (M class): I have already asked about the
possibility of buying an upgrade to Business for the HKG-SGN sector
(to get access to a lounge) but apparently that is not possible.

How about just on a chair?

Any suggestions?

Jeffrey Hacker January 22nd, 2004 03:04 AM

A nap in HKG airport (airside)?

check PriorityPass.com - They have lounge access available in most airports.
Cost starts at $99 US per year, plus a charge per lounge visit, but they
have various options. They have at least one lounge at Hongkong.

jeff

"thegoons" wrote in message
Please refer to: http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

"Peter L" wrote in message