TravelBanter

-   Caribbean (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Caves vs Sandals Negril (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9323)

Sanbar February 22nd, 2004 02:44 AM

Caves vs Sandals Negril

My friend recently was telling me about the Caves Resort in Negril. I've
never heard of them. How does it compare to Sandals, Couples, etc.

K1227 February 22nd, 2004 09:26 PM

Caves vs Sandals Negril

I imagine it would be much more expensive--I think Caves is around $500-600 a
night. It is much smaller, in the cliff area, very private and exclusive.
People who stay there seem to really love it, but it's out of my price range.

tripadvisor.com has some reviews, I think.

Lenny February 22nd, 2004 09:41 PM

Caves vs Sandals Negril

"Sanbar" wrote in message
My friend recently was telling me about the Caves Resort in Negril.

I've
never heard of them. How does it compare to Sandals, Couples, etc.

I think one problem you may have in getting a really thorough answer
is finding another poster who has actually stayed at the Caves. I've
been by it many times but have never had the coin to even consider
staying there, especially with the other very satisfactory
accommodations in lower price ranges. I feel safe in saying that it
is probably a distinctly different--and more "exclusive"-- experience
than the newer chains of all-inclusives such as Sandals and Couples,
however. One obvious difference is that it's not on the beach but in
the West End.