TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Christmas vs "Holidays" (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=52814)

jsmith December 15th, 2004 03:32 AM

Christmas vs "Holidays"

The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions to
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ. Isn't it time
we begin boycotting those merchants who in their TV advertising are
exploiting the Christmas tradition yet not acknowledging that this is truly
the Christmas season. The code word "holiday" season is coming into
increasing use in an effort to minimize the influence the Truths that were
taught by the Prince of Peace.

RTCReferee December 15th, 2004 03:44 AM

"jsmith" wrote:

The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ. Isn't it time
we begin boycotting those merchants who in their TV advertising are
exploiting the Christmas tradition yet not acknowledging that this is truly
the Christmas season. The code word "holiday" season is coming into
increasing use in an effort to minimize the influence the Truths that were
taught by the Prince of Peace.

I dunno, but from where I sit it's Merry Christmas. :-)

"jsmith" wrote:

The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ. Isn't it time
we begin boycotting those merchants who in their TV advertising are
exploiting the Christmas tradition yet not acknowledging that this is truly
the Christmas season. The code word "holiday" season is coming into
increasing use in an effort to minimize the influence the Truths that were
taught by the Prince of Peace.

I dunno, but from where I sit it's Merry Christmas. :-)

jsmith December 15th, 2004 03:55 AM

"RTCReferee" wrote in message
"jsmith" wrote:

The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a

number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ. Isn't it

time
we begin boycotting those merchants who in their TV advertising are
exploiting the Christmas tradition yet not acknowledging that this is

truly
the Christmas season. The code word "holiday" season is coming into
increasing use in an effort to minimize the influence the Truths that

were
taught by the Prince of Peace.

I dunno, but from where I sit it's Merry Christmas. :-)

And Merry Christmas to you too !!

RTCReferee December 15th, 2004 04:01 AM

"jsmith" wrote:

"RTCReferee" wrote :
"jsmith"
wrote:

The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a

number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ. Isn't it

time
we begin boycotting those merchants who in their TV advertising are
exploiting the Christmas tradition yet not acknowledging that this is

truly
the Christmas season. The code word "holiday" season is coming into
increasing use in an effort to minimize the influence the Truths that

were
taught by the Prince of Peace.

I dunno, but from where I sit it's Merry Christmas. :-)

And Merry Christmas to you too !!

Why, thank you. That's especially nice to hear on a day when we have had some
bad news.

RTCReferee December 15th, 2004 04:01 AM

"jsmith" wrote:

"RTCReferee" wrote :
"jsmith"
wrote:

The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a

number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ. Isn't it

time
we begin boycotting those merchants who in their TV advertising are
exploiting the Christmas tradition yet not acknowledging that this is

truly
the Christmas season. The code word "holiday" season is coming into
increasing use in an effort to minimize the influence the Truths that

were
taught by the Prince of Peace.

I dunno, but from where I sit it's Merry Christmas. :-)

And Merry Christmas to you too !!

Why, thank you. That's especially nice to hear on a day when we have had some
bad news.

Bob Eldred December 15th, 2004 04:22 AM

"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1103081068.f4c58340a6a4fb6c079c5594718575bc@s onicnews...
The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions to
diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ. Isn't it

time
we begin boycotting those merchants who in their TV advertising are
exploiting the Christmas tradition yet not acknowledging that this is

truly
the Christmas season. The code word "holiday" season is coming into
increasing use in an effort to minimize the influence the Truths that were
taught by the Prince of Peace.

Get serious. Christians adopted the winter solstice as their own. If you are
a Christian I'm sure you are aware that Christ was born in the spring of the
year not in winter. Things like greenery in buidings, decking halls and
decorating trees predate Christianity but have been adopted by them. Palm
trees would be more appropriate as true Christmas trees as a symbol of the
holy land. Snow and all that goes with it is not Christian either. Northern
tales of elves, reindeer and jolly men in red suits, likewise arn't
Christian. People always adopt local traditions, holidays and pagents as
their own. Get over it and enjoy the holidays for what they are. Remember
there are two s'es in Chri$tma$ and they are both dollar signs! Now go buy
some gifts.
Bob

"jsmith" wrote in message
[...]

A&T December 15th, 2004 04:45 AM

We aren't sure when Christ was born, but we celebrate in on December 25.

I wish the people who still believe that Christ was born (whenever it was)
would revolt against the people trying to take it away from us.

Tricia