TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Southwest Airlines Oregon kook passenger arrested after threateningto kill everyone on flight (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=182818)

Dave Fisher December 12th, 2017 12:16 AM

Southwest Airlines Oregon kook passenger arrested after threateningto kill everyone on flight

SACRAMENTO -- A woman was arrested and charged after she
threatened to kill fellow passengers on a Southwest Airlines
flight from Portland to Sacramento. The chaotic scene was
captured on video that a fellow passenger sent to CBS Sacramento.

The incident on Saturday began after a woman attempted to smoke
in the airplane bathroom and alter the smoke detector, according
to airline officials.

The passenger who shot the video said the woman was ordered back
to her seat but began yelling irrationally, threatening to kill
everyone on board, and demanding that the plane land. He said
she pushed a flight attendant and had to be physically
restrained by passengers and crew for the remaining 30 minutes
of the flight.

Valerie Curbelo, 24, was arrested at the gate when the plane
landed, and she was taken to Sacramento County Jail and charged
with making criminal threats.

Southwest Airlines sent a statement to CBS Portland affiliate
KOIN-TV saying 136 customers were onboard the flight, which
landed safely following the incident. The company said a
passenger "violated federal laws by both smoking onboard an
aircraft and by tampering with a smoke detector in an aircraft
restroom".

Speaking to CBS Sacramento, Curbelo said her anxiety led to her
decision to smoke in the restroom. "The anxiety, yeah the
anxiety," Curbelo said without elaborating. She did not explain
why she threatened to kill everyone. "I don't know," she said.
"It was not me. It was not me."

Cabello is from Sandy, Oregon, just outside of Portland. She
wouldn't discuss why she was flying to Sacramento.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southwe...lerie-curbelo-
passenger-arrested-after-making-threats-on-flight/

Lou Mason December 12th, 2017 10:00 AM

Southwest Airlines Oregon kook passenger arrested after threatening to kill everyone on flight

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 17:09:45 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 01:46:25 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
wrote:

In article
Dave Fisher wrote:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southwe...lerie-curbelo-
passenger-arrested-after-making-threats-on-flight/

I'm different & I embrace that everyday. I don't fit in a mold or a
category, I am beautifully me.

https://www.facebook.com/valerie.curbelo

Alright so I'm on IG minding my own business just browsing n **** &
Caitlyn Jenner had posted a picture of her & her fam enjoying Father's
Day. I've learned to not go on the comments section because it is
infested with ignorant ****s but once in a while it's good to remind
yourself that these scummy people exist. Not to my surprise there are
unnecessary bible references & offensive **** & I ****ing snapped.

CLearly a Democrat.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/valerie-curbelo-3ba682107

Causes Valerie cares about: