TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   good value AI packages in DR? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=73913)

akia September 11th, 2005 11:17 PM

good value AI packages in DR?

Hi,

subject says it all.

we've loved jamaica but we keep hearing that the dominican republic is
the better value and just as nice.

any good DR general tourist info pages?

--
"Disperse, you rebels -- Damn you, throw down your arms and disperse!"
Maj. John Pitcairn (British Army), Lexington, Mass., April 19, 1775

Alahatala September 13th, 2005 04:33 AM

Uzytkownik "akia" napisal w wiadomosci
Hi,

subject says it all.

http://www.iberostar.com/Plantilla/p...=3&codiconc=73

adam

Scubasammie September 13th, 2005 04:34 AM

I will be staying at Secrets in PUJ next month. 1st Trip to the DR. These
sites should get you started good luck and enjoy

http://www.dr1.com/travel/index.shtml

http://www.doitcaribbean.com/

http://www.secretsresorts.com/index_pc.html

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/eastcoast.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Republic.html

Sasha September 17th, 2005 06:51 AM

Funny....we keep on hearing that the food in the DR is horrible. Of
course, there's nothing like being so close to Haiti.

": subject says it all.
:
: we've loved jamaica but we keep hearing that the dominican republic is
: the better value and just as nice.
:
: any good DR general tourist info pages?

Mildred Savalier September 18th, 2005 06:16 PM

The food varies from place to place.
We were there in Jan. at the Barcello Talanquera, The food sucked.

The DR has some great deals but you really have to do your research. I liked
the DR but I found it just made me miss Mexico. If you do go make sure to
visit the mountains where Jurassic park was filmed and go to the Ball Game.
Winter baseball is HUGE in the DR you cane get tickets at the gate cheap.
The US major league players play the winter leagues. We not only saw but
were invited to meet several players and brought onto the field during
batting practice.

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

"Sasha" wrote in message
Funny....we keep on hearing that the food in the DR is horrible. Of
course, there's nothing like being so close to Haiti.

": subject says it all.
:
: we've loved jamaica but we keep hearing that the dominican republic is
: the better value and just as nice.
:
: any good DR general tourist info pages?

CLK September 21st, 2005 05:15 AM

We've been to the DR the last two years. The first was to the
, and the second to Iberostar Hacienda
Dominicus in La Romana. The food at both was excellent.

Overall the paradisus Punta Cana was a much better resort. The rooms were
better; There was room service 24 hrs a day; Iberostar had none.A better
wine selection (actually Iberostar only had red and white, no brands), and
top shelf liquor at the bars and restaurants. Iberostar had mostly local
liquor brands. I also preferred the entertainment at Paradisus, over the
Iberostar. There was more dancing, and organized entertainment in the
evening.

Next year we'll be back to the Paradisus.

"Sasha" wrote in message
Funny....we keep on hearing that the food in the DR is horrible. Of
course, there's nothing like being so close to Haiti.

": subject says it all.
:
: we've loved jamaica but we keep hearing that the dominican republic is
: the better value and just as nice.
:
: any good DR general tourist info pages?

Sasha September 21st, 2005 05:15 AM

My sentiments exactly...Mexico is much much better. Of all the people
I know and all the info I have read, the consensus is the Yucatan wins
hands down over DR.