TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cruise Insurance Question (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25158)

March 22nd, 2004 08:28 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

Anyone have any suggestions on which company to go with for Cruise
Insurance.
Thanks,
george_ronnie @ hotmail.com

Juliana L Holm March 22nd, 2004 08:38 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions on which company to go with for Cruise
Insurance.

I always use TRavel Guard. They have been well rated by Consumer Reports, and I
have heard good things about it on this forum with regard to handling claims.

I now always get insurance when I leave the US because my health coverage
does not cover me there.

--
Julie
**********

PeteandJanice10 March 22nd, 2004 09:20 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

Start at http://www.travelinsurance-info.com for lots of good hints on what to
look for and what to look out for. Best summary of the subject I've seen.
Pete

RTCReferee March 23rd, 2004 06:01 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

Juliana L Holm wrote:

I now always get insurance when I leave the US because my health coverage
does not cover me there.

Have you thought about enrolling in another health plan that doesn't limit your
health coverage to the U.S.?

We have no such limitation.

Juliana L Holm March 23rd, 2004 06:11 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

RTCReferee wrote:
Juliana L Holm wrote:

I now always get insurance when I leave the US because my health coverage
does not cover me there.

Have you thought about enrolling in another health plan that doesn't limit your
health coverage to the U.S.?

I work for a very small company. I have a choice of the one they provide or
nothing.

--
Julie
**********

Charles March 23rd, 2004 10:34 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

Have you thought about enrolling in another health plan that doesn't
limit your health coverage to the U.S.?

We have no such limitation.

Most people don't have a choice, their employer only offers one plan.
And don't forget those on Medicare.

--
Charles

Sue and Kevin Mullen March 23rd, 2004 11:07 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

Charles wrote:
In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

Have you thought about enrolling in another health plan that doesn't
limit your health coverage to the U.S.?

We have no such limitation.

Most people don't have a choice, their employer only offers one plan.
And don't forget those on Medicare.

For most people, even when you have a choice of plans, they don't
include coverage outside the US.

sue

Kurt Ullman March 23rd, 2004 11:16 PM

Cruise Insurance Question

In article , Sue and Kevin
Mullen wrote:

For most people, even when you have a choice of plans, they don't
include coverage outside the US.

You may want to ask around. For instance, the last three policies I had, paid for coverage outside the US,
BUT you had to pay for it and then submit for reimbursement. That is how my
current one works. However, I always get the health insurance with the travel
insurance because of the fact they usually take care of it directly and it
doesn't cost a bunch extra. ALso, I have never gotten a real clear answer on
payment for flying me back if I get sick.
Medicare doesn't pay outside the US under any circumstances.

--
Addendumb: What lawyers add to contracts to mess up a perfectly
good working relationship with an editor. (stolen from Dan Ferber on

Sue and Kevin Mullen March 24th, 2004 12:10 AM

Cruise Insurance Question

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , Sue and Kevin
Mullen wrote:

For most people, even when you have a choice of plans, they don't
include coverage outside the US.

You may want to ask around. For instance, the last three policies I had, paid for coverage outside the US,
BUT you had to pay for it and then submit for reimbursement. That is how my
current one works. However, I always get the health insurance with the travel
insurance because of the fact they usually take care of it directly and it
doesn't cost a bunch extra. ALso, I have never gotten a real clear answer on
payment for flying me back if I get sick.

We get our health insurance thru the company my DH works for and the
plans we have available to us, do not cover medical out of the US. The
same is true of all previous plans with different employers.

sue

0 O March 24th, 2004 12:19 AM

Cruise Insurance Question

Travel insurance includes transportation off ship to hospital --