TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Followup On Cruise From Hell (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=173761)

oldsarge (nospam) September 28th, 2011 05:48 AM

Followup On Cruise From Hell

Today I spoke with the rep from Interval International who booked my
cruise. They are a company that lets you trade your timeshare week and turn
it into a cruise for a reduced rate and no fee. He told me that he
contacted Carnival for my cabin assignmebt and he has no way of knowing
what cabins are available. Therefore Carnival assigned 8319 to us. I gave
him the URL for the deck website and suggested his company buy a license
for it. I then called Carnival and spoke with a pleasant lady who
confirmed my complaint from the ship was being looked at. I offered a
suggestion and she strongly feels Carnival will adopt it since it's a cheap
fix. She told me I should be hearing back from them soon. So, for those
of you that feel It was my own fault, you can just jump overboard with your
pompous ass responses. Cruisecritic evidently remove the snide comments
people made to me, but kept my original review.

--
**U.S. Army Ret - U.S.P.S. Ret **

Janet Wilder September 28th, 2011 11:11 PM

Followup On Cruise From Hell

On 9/28/2011 8:12 AM, Cruise Crazy wrote:
Hi Sarge,
On our first Carnival cruise (back in the ark ages),

I'm certain you meant to type "dark" ages, but I loved the allusion to
"ark" ages when talking about cruises. Thanks for the laugh.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Chrissy Cruiser[_3_] September 29th, 2011 12:39 AM

Followup On Cruise From Hell

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:22:07 -0400, Old Sarge wrote:

Thanks for the info. I told them there's no need to compensate me. How
do you compensate someone for lack of sleep?

A bucketful of Valium.

Old Sarge[_3_] September 30th, 2011 02:55 AM

On 9/28/2011 7:39 PM, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:22:07 -0400, Old Sarge wrote:

Thanks for the info. I told them there's no need to compensate me. How
do you compensate someone for lack of sleep?

A bucketful of Valium.

Well believe it or not, I had some of that with me as well and it didn't
chill me out one bit. I'm beginning to think that as I get older, my
sleep patterns are changing in that it's harder to fall asleep and stay
asleep.

--
**U.S. Army Retired - USPS Retired**
**Degreed in CS, BS, HBS**