TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   why are we still paying ?? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10736)

tile October 28th, 2003 07:15 AM

why are we still paying ??

when we buy an airline ticket we still pay

fuel surcharge
crisis surcharge
security baggage check

why ??

Mark Hewitt October 28th, 2003 08:47 AM

why are we still paying ??

"tile" wrote in message
when we buy an airline ticket we still pay

fuel surcharge
crisis surcharge
security baggage check

why ??

So the airlines can advertise fares which are lower than you actually have
to pay.

tile October 28th, 2003 11:56 AM

why are we still paying ??

But fuel is at reduced prices now
the dollar is very low ergo the price in dollars of fuel is much cheaper and
as far as i know there is no crisis anymore.
where all the Consumers' Associations ??

are they sleeping ??

who is getting this money actually ???
"Mark Hewitt" ha scritto nel
messaggio ...

"tile" wrote in message
when we buy an airline ticket we still pay

fuel surcharge
crisis surcharge
security baggage check

why ??

So the airlines can advertise fares which are lower than you actually have
to pay.

Reid October 28th, 2003 03:07 PM

why are we still paying ??

Following up to tile

when we buy an airline ticket we still pay

fuel surcharge
crisis surcharge
security baggage check

as there is no tax on aircraft fuel I would keep quiet.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

tile October 28th, 2003 03:47 PM

why are we still paying ??

why do we pay fuel surcharge then ???
nothing to do with tax on fuel.
it is an overprice due to the war in Iraq and oil shortage
forecast.
"Reid" ha scritto nel messaggio
Following up to tile

when we buy an airline ticket we still pay

fuel surcharge
crisis surcharge
security baggage check

as there is no tax on aircraft fuel I would keep quiet.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
UK walking "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Spain,cuisines and walking "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@

all, it's a spamtrap

Reid October 28th, 2003 04:11 PM

why are we still paying ??

Following up to tile

why do we pay fuel surcharge then ???
nothing to do with tax on fuel.
it is an overprice due to the war in Iraq and oil shortage
forecast.

"Reid" ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
Following up to tile

when we buy an airline ticket we still pay

fuel surcharge
crisis surcharge
security baggage check

as there is no tax on aircraft fuel I would keep quiet.

I assume because the price of oil went up.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
UK walking "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Spain,cuisines and walking "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

tile October 28th, 2003 04:28 PM

why are we still paying ??

again yr assumption is not the correct one

pls check