TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=149394)

Wiener Sänger February 10th, 2009 06:35 AM

English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.

R.A.

Frank Hucklenbroich February 10th, 2009 10:23 AM

Am Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:35:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb Wiener Sänger:

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.

Look he
http://www.englishlivingabroad.com/d...religion.shtml

Regards,

Frank

Wiener Sänger February 10th, 2009 11:21 AM

English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

On Feb 10, 3:23*pm, Frank Hucklenbroich
wrote:
Am Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:35:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb Wiener Sänger:

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.

Look hehttp://www.englishlivingabroad.com/d...religion.shtml

Regards,

Frank

Thanks for this. St. Paul's in Dresden, only has English language
masses on the last Sunday of the month. I wrote to the priest, but he
has not responded. They mention that there are several other places
where there are R.C. masses in English, but I am unable to find them.

Do you live in Dresden ?

Frank Hucklenbroich February 10th, 2009 12:26 PM

wrote:
Am Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:35:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb Wiener Sänger:

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.

Look hehttp://www.englishlivingabroad.com/d...religion.shtml

Regards,

Frank

Thanks for this. St. Paul's in Dresden, only has English language
masses on the last Sunday of the month. I wrote to the priest, but he
has not responded. They mention that there are several other places
where there are R.C. masses in English, but I am unable to find them.

Do you live in Dresden ?

No, I live in Cologne and did only find the website via google.

From Cologne I know that it is not very common to have church services in
english, except for small baptist communities. It's not too many (native)
english-speaking people living in Germany, except for british and
US-forces, who have their own churches and priests.

Regards,

Frank

Runge13[_2_] February 10th, 2009 07:38 PM

English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

Learn german .

"Wiener Sänger" a écrit dans le message de
Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.

R.A.

Jean O'Boyle February 17th, 2009 10:48 PM

wrote:
Am Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:35:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb Wiener Sänger:

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.

Look hehttp://www.englishlivingabroad.com/d...religion.shtml

Regards,

Frank

Thanks for this. St. Paul's in Dresden, only has English language
masses on the last Sunday of the month. I wrote to the priest, but he
has not responded. They mention that there are several other places
where there are R.C. masses in English, but I am unable to find them.

While in Barcelona, Spain, last November, we attended Mass at the chapel in
La Sacrada Familia.. The Mass was celebrated in Catalan, but we were given
sheets with the readings and the gospel written in English so that we could
follow along. If you are traveling near a US Military Installation, you
would be welcome to attend Mass there. The MP at the gate would probably
issue a temporary day entry pass for you when you explained the reason for
which you wanted to enter the base.

--Jean

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) February 18th, 2009 07:11 PM

wrote:
[...]

What's wrong with mass in the language of the country you are visiting?
It's the same service, isn't it? I've attended Christmas masses in
Europe, twice - once in Brussels in a very large (and I think famous)
church, once in Vienna at the Schubertskirche. Although I am
Anglo-catholic (Episcopalian), not Roman, I had no problem following the
mass, even if I didn't understand every word.

Jean O'Boyle February 19th, 2009 04:49 AM

wrote:
[...]

Nothing at all...I can follow the Mass no matter what language it is in..I
just want to know what the reading and gospel is about... they change every
Sunday and since I did not understand Catalan, I appreciated that they were
kind enough to print the readings, responsorial and gospel in English.

--Jean

Jean O'Boyle February 19th, 2009 04:56 AM

English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

"Martin" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

A good question.

It's the same service, isn't it? I've attended Christmas masses in
Europe, twice - once in Brussels in a very large (and I think famous)
church, once in Vienna at the Schubertskirche. Although I am
Anglo-catholic (Episcopalian), not Roman, I had no problem following the
mass, even if I didn't understand every word.

and certainly no harder than following a mass in Latin.
--
Martin

There is a difference in attending Mass and praying the Mass. I was born
during the time that Mass was celebrated in Latin and am comfortable with
it; our missals had Latin on one side of the page and English on the other
so when one participated, you learned to follow and pray along with the
priest or respond when indicated. We still celebrate a Sunday noon Mass in
Latin at my parish here in Texas. I am a soprano in that choir and we sing
the hymns and responses in Latin at that Mass.

--Jean

Wiener Sänger February 19th, 2009 12:14 PM

English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

wrote:
Am Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:35:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb Wiener Sänger:

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.
Look hehttp://www.englishlivingabroad.com/d...religion.shtml

Regards,

Frank

What's wrong with mass in the language of the country you are visiting?
* It's the same service, isn't it? *

The homily can't be understood .. it's very much part of the service.
The rest of it is exactly the same in a different language, so it is
easy to follow.

There are English masses in Vienna and Brussels, and I have attended
them both:
http://www.tourama.net/traveltips/englishchurches.html

-R