TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   never (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=174889)

bob wald January 22nd, 2012 01:17 PM

never

would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

Rik Brown[_153_] January 22nd, 2012 03:36 PM

never

bob wald;3394955 Wrote:
would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

I imagine we should see some good discounts this wave season. -- Rik

--
Rik Brown

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.COM' (http://www.TRAVEL.com).
Message Origin: http://www.travel.com

Jean O'Boyle[_3_] January 22nd, 2012 06:58 PM

never

"bob wald" wrote in message
would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

Never say, "never". We have been on 57 of them and not once experienced such
a problem. Won't cancel the ones we have booked for this year either.
People don't just fall...they either are pushed, commit suicide or act
foolishly by standing on the ship's banisters. I'd be more concerned taking
plane flights.

Frank from Deeeetroit January 22nd, 2012 07:35 PM

never

On Jan 22, 8:17*am, (bob wald) wrote:
would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

One cannot fall off of a cruise, one must jump.

Frank

Charles[_1_] January 22nd, 2012 09:04 PM

never

In article
,
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

On Jan 22, 8:17*am, (bob wald) wrote:
would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

One cannot fall off of a cruise, one must jump.

I would condition that statement. People could be pushed. Also if the
ship capsizes one could fall off.....

--
Charles

Charles[_1_] January 22nd, 2012 09:04 PM

never

In article
,
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

On Jan 22, 8:17*am, (bob wald) wrote:
would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

One cannot fall off of a cruise, one must jump.

I would condition that statement. People could be pushed. Also if the
ship capsizes one could fall off.....

--
Charles

Brian[_1_] January 23rd, 2012 01:47 AM

never

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:35:43 -0800 (PST), Frank from Deeeetroit
wrote:

On Jan 22, 8:17*am, (bob wald) wrote:
would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

One cannot fall off of a cruise, one must jump.

Frank

I don't remember the railings being high enough to necessarily keep me
from going over accidentally.

Brian[_1_] January 23rd, 2012 01:50 AM

never

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 07:17:18 -0600, (bob wald)
wrote:

would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

Many more people are killed in auto accidents. Do you never go out of
your house? Many people die in falls at home. Do you ever get out of
bed? And those who are bedridden are subject to many health problems.

Not sure if you're a troll or just someone who knows nothing about
relative risks.

[email protected] January 23rd, 2012 01:57 AM

never

Frank from Deeeetroit wrote in news:c0750233-292c-
:

On Jan 22, 8:17*am, (bob wald) wrote:
would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

One cannot fall off of a cruise, one must jump.

Frank

No idiots that stand on the railing fall. Have never seen anyone fall, but
have seen people stand on railings to look at something. Mix alcohol with
stupididy you get splash.

Gettamulla Tupya[_2_] January 23rd, 2012 05:27 AM

never

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 07:17:18 -0600, (bob wald) wrote:

would i take a cruise...after tv shows i saw about them.....people fall
off cruises sometimes...

I'd reckon more people die in airplane crashes than on cruise ships if you exclude the
many elderly passengers who die from age related illnesses on cruises.