TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Need help about the cheap flight from NYC to Boston? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=181568)

alkbra November 12th, 2014 08:14 AM

Need help about the cheap flight from NYC to Boston?

I always prefer to go by bus during my USA tours. I think it is much convenient to go with a bus but this time I want to go by air travel so , I need you help guys. I hope all of you will suggest me the right option. I am looking for a cheap flight from NYC to Boston. Any suggestion?

John Levine November 12th, 2014 07:53 PM

Need help about the cheap flight from NYC to Boston?

I always prefer to go by bus during my USA tours. I think it is much
convenient to go with a bus but this time I want to go by air travel so
, I need you help guys. I hope all of you will suggest me the right
option. I am looking for a cheap flight from NYC to Boston. Any
suggestion?

Jetblue has some $54 tickets from Newark (EWR) to Boston, if you buy
well ahead and can go Tues, Weds, or Sat.

New York to Boston is one of the few routes on which the train is
competitive with flying. It's much more comfortable than either a bus
or a plane. Check Amtrak's web site at www.amtrak.com for schedules
and fares. Again, buy well in advance to get the best price.

alkbra November 26th, 2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Levine (Post 1046473)
I always prefer to go by bus during my USA tours. I think it is much
convenient to go with a bus but this time I want to go by air travel so
, I need you help guys. I hope all of you will suggest me the right
option. I am looking for a cheap flight from NYC to Boston. Any
suggestion?

Jetblue has some $54 tickets from Newark (EWR) to Boston, if you buy
well ahead and can go Tues, Weds, or Sat.

New York to Boston is one of the few routes on which the train is
competitive with flying. It's much more comfortable than either a bus
or a plane. Check Amtrak's web site at www.amtrak.com for schedules
and fares. Again, buy well in advance to get the best price.

John Levine! I have thoroughly read the web site which you have mentioned in your post. I am grateful to you for this informative and useful sharing.As you mention that the ticket is only in $54 I must say it is very reasonable price and affordable. I will ask you again if any problem will be there?

John Levine November 27th, 2014 02:40 AM

Need help about the cheap flight from NYC to Boston?

mentioned in your post. I am grateful to you for this informative and
useful sharing.As you mention that the ticket is only in $54 I must say
it is very reasonable price and affordable. I will ask you again if any
problem will be there?

That price is from Newark to Boston. If you are in NYC, the usual ways
to get to Newark are the NJ Transit train from Penn Station to EWR ($12.50)
or the Olympia bus from the Port Authority bus terminal ($15).

At BOS, the easiest way to get into the city are the MBTA silver line bus
connecting to the subway at South Station, or the Massport 22 or 33 bus
from the terminals to the Airport subway station. $2.50 either way.

If you buy your train ticket well ahead, the price is only $52, you leave
from Penn Station in Manhattan and arrive at Back Bay or South Station in
Boston. The train is a lot more comfortable than any plane.