TravelBanter

TravelBanter (http://www.travelbanter.com/index.php)
-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Defunct airlines during and right before the Kung Flu (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=185505)

Byker May 16th, 2020 11:56 AM

Defunct airlines during and right before the Kung Flu
 
"Airlines are not an investable business.":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VlR_arbiU

Swan song of the airline industry?: https://tinyurl.com/y8jlxxgx

Kenny McCormack[_2_] May 16th, 2020 02:16 PM

Defunct airlines during and right before the Kung Flu
 
In article ,
Byker wrote:
"Airlines are not an investable business.":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VlR_arbiU

Swan song of the airline industry?: https://tinyurl.com/y8jlxxgx


And then you have to ask yourself: Would that be a bad thing?

Obviously, it will be bad for people whose livelihoods depend on it, but it
will probably be a good thing for mankind in general.

--
Conservatives want smaller government for the same reason criminals want fewer cops.

Byker May 16th, 2020 04:51 PM

Defunct airlines during and right before the Kung Flu
 
"Kenny McCormack" wrote in message ...

In article ,
Byker wrote:

Swan song of the airline industry?: https://tinyurl.com/y8jlxxgx


And then you have to ask yourself: Would that be a bad thing?

Obviously, it will be bad for people whose livelihoods depend on it, but
it will probably be a good thing for mankind in general.


American Airlines about to become the next Pan Am?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6sQBmEx-s4

They can still fly cargo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plm2H9j3hQM

Phantom_View May 16th, 2020 06:51 PM

Defunct airlines during and right before the Kung Flu
 
On Sat, 16 May 2020 10:51:05 -0500, "Byker" wrote:

"Kenny McCormack" wrote in message ...

In article ,
Byker wrote:

Swan song of the airline industry?: https://tinyurl.com/y8jlxxgx


And then you have to ask yourself: Would that be a bad thing?

Obviously, it will be bad for people whose livelihoods depend on it, but
it will probably be a good thing for mankind in general.


American Airlines about to become the next Pan Am?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6sQBmEx-s4

They can still fly cargo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plm2H9j3hQM


I heard that they often make more profit from the cargo in
the belly than they do from the passengers sitting above.
Cargo is lucrative, especially now that consumers just
expect near-instant delivery.

But can cargo sustain ALL the airlines ? I doubt it. A few
are going to implode and that will be that. New carriers
will appear to replace them once the market is in shape to
support large-scale travel again.


John Levine[_3_] May 16th, 2020 07:03 PM

Defunct airlines during and right before COVID-19
 
In article ,
Byker wrote:
"Airlines are not an investable business.":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VlR_arbiU

Swan song of the airline industry?: https://tinyurl.com/y8jlxxgx


Somewhere I read a calculation that the total return on equity of all
airlines from 1919 to the present was negative. This is a really bad
shock but if they survived everything in the past century, they'll
survive now.

I certainly don't expect them to survive in their current form. We'll
see relatively more cargo and fewer people, doubtless with higher
ticket prices.

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail.
https://jl.ly

Byker May 16th, 2020 10:13 PM

Defunct airlines during and right before the Kung Flu
 
"Phantom_View" wrote in message
...

I heard that they often make more profit from the cargo in
the belly than they do from the passengers sitting above.
Cargo is lucrative, especially now that consumers just
expect near-instant delivery.

But can cargo sustain ALL the airlines ? I doubt it. A few
are going to implode and that will be that. New carriers
will appear to replace them once the market is in shape to
support large-scale travel again.


The Yellow Peril is milking this for all it's worth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQcNT3xejuM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TravelBanter.com