TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   May 26 (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=171754)

bob edwards February 27th, 2011 07:50 PM

May 26

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that
day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

Runge 128 February 27th, 2011 09:20 PM

May 26

Eat at bob edward's, the family restaurant round the corner.

"bob edwards" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that
day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

David Hatunen February 27th, 2011 10:04 PM

May 26

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:50:05 -0800, bob edwards wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a flight
from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that day.
It's much less expensive on the days before and after. Unfortunately I'm
not able to change my plans to another day.

Memorial Day?

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow

Kurt Ullman February 27th, 2011 10:24 PM

May 26

In article ,
David Hatunen wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:50:05 -0800, bob edwards wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a flight
from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that day.
It's much less expensive on the days before and after. Unfortunately I'm
not able to change my plans to another day.

Memorial Day?

May 26 is the Thursday before Memorial Day. Makes no sense to me.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke

David Hatunen February 27th, 2011 10:41 PM

May 26

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:24:49 -0500, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
David Hatunen wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:50:05 -0800, bob edwards wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes
that day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

Memorial Day?

May 26 is the Thursday before Memorial Day. Makes no sense to me.

It could be a travel day for a lot of people going somewhere for memorial
Day.

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow

Kurt Ullman February 27th, 2011 11:12 PM

May 26

David Hatunen wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:50:05 -0800, bob edwards wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes
that day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

Memorial Day?

May 26 is the Thursday before Memorial Day. Makes no sense to me.

It could be a travel day for a lot of people going somewhere for memorial
Day.

Not traditionally on a Thursday. You'd have to give up two days of
vacation for no apparent reason.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke

Kurt Ullman February 27th, 2011 11:18 PM

May 26

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

David Hatunen wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:50:05 -0800, bob edwards wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes
that day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

Memorial Day?

May 26 is the Thursday before Memorial Day. Makes no sense to me.

It could be a travel day for a lot of people going somewhere for memorial
Day.

Not traditionally on a Thursday. You'd have to give up two days of
vacation for no apparent reason.

Nothing on Google indicating anything of interest like a big convention
or other thing taking place in SFO that day or the day after (unless
Yankee fans have somehow decided that the Giants/Marlins game is very
important (grin). That is the day that someone has decided will be The
Judgement Day, but I would think people trying to get home for that
wouldn't want to be flying that Day.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke

tim.... February 28th, 2011 12:22 PM

May 26

David Hatunen wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:50:05 -0800, bob edwards wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes
that day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

Memorial Day?

May 26 is the Thursday before Memorial Day. Makes no sense to me.

It could be a travel day for a lot of people going somewhere for memorial
Day.

That would be a valid possibility if the fares for Friday 27th had shot up
to astronomical levels, but they haven't, they are less than for the 26th

tim

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow

Jeff Hacker March 1st, 2011 01:26 AM

May 26

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that
day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. That simple.

irwell March 1st, 2011 02:40 AM

May 26

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:26:06 -0600, Jeff Hacker wrote:

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that
day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. That simple.

Fill your car up with gas now.