TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How to replace luggage wheel (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4039)

Harlen Ng May 28th, 2004 04:37 PM

How to replace luggage wheel

I've searched the new group but ...
I need to replace a wheel on my luggage. I see the pin
from the outside, but inside I can't see where to drive it
out. The inside housing is plastic molded.

I see several screws inside the luggage and removed
them but rivets still hold the housing in place. Is there
a procedure to remove the pin? Or cut the rivets to
get access (ugh)?

Thanks -

RAK May 29th, 2004 05:41 AM

"Harlen Ng" wrote in message
I've searched the new group but ...
I need to replace a wheel on my luggage. I see the pin
from the outside, but inside I can't see where to drive it
out. The inside housing is plastic molded.

I see several screws inside the luggage and removed
them but rivets still hold the housing in place. Is there
a procedure to remove the pin? Or cut the rivets to
get access (ugh)?

Thanks -

It probably depends on the make and model of the bag.
On my Samsonite the whole assembly is removed using screws on the inside of
the bag, inside the lining. Samsonite (Belgium) have sent me replacements
free to the UK several times.
They sent the whole assembly including the wheel housing, not just the wheel
itself.
Suggest you call/write the manufactirer of your bag for help (not the
retailer).