TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=146054)

M J November 13th, 2008 01:21 AM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

Type your message here.

M J November 13th, 2008 01:21 AM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

Type your message here.

M J November 13th, 2008 01:21 AM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

Type your message here.

CobusGrobler November 14th, 2008 11:03 AM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

On 11 Nov, 01:04, "Jim Davis" wrote:
"CobusGrobler" wrote in message

On 8 Nov, 15:59, Irwell wrote:

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:33:35 -0500, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
Ken Litwak wrote:

I know there are restrictions on liquids, like water bottles,
toothpaste
tubes, shampoo, etc. What about soda cans? Since it would be a
challenge for most of us to put something into a soda can and then seal
it so that it looked factory-sealed, I'm wondering if this is okay to
bring through security.

As long as you buy the soda in one of the food concession stands after
you pass through the security gates, it is no problem.

At Manchester Airport in the Duty free section shop they have small
bottles of wine for sale, a notice is also on display that states
they are not for consumption aboard the plane!

why the **** not ?!

It's the same as trying to take your own wine into a bar. *You can have it
with you. but you can't open it.

oh yes you can....

John Doe[_2_] November 14th, 2008 06:20 PM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

This just in:

The TSA will allow passengers to bring soda cans through security
starting in february 2009.

However, to ensure contents are not lethal, passengers will be required
to vigorously shake the can, aim the opening at their own face, open it
and drink from it. To protect TSA agents, a new federal law will be
passed by congress to forbid the aiming of soda can openings towards
federal employees.

DevilsPGD November 14th, 2008 09:05 PM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

In message "Jim Davis"
was claimed to have wrote:

It's the same as trying to take your own wine into a bar. You can have it
with you. but you can't open it.

Many restaurants around here not only allow that, but encourage it.

Jim Davis[_1_] November 14th, 2008 09:37 PM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

"CobusGrobler" wrote in message
On 11 Nov, 01:04, "Jim Davis" wrote:
"CobusGrobler" wrote in message
At Manchester Airport in the Duty free section shop they have small
bottles of wine for sale, a notice is also on display that states
they are not for consumption aboard the plane!

why the **** not ?!

It's the same as trying to take your own wine into a bar. You can have it
with you. but you can't open it.

oh yes you can....

There isn't anyplace that *I* know of that serves Alcohol, that will allow
someone to bring in their own for consumption.

JohnT[_4_] November 14th, 2008 10:47 PM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
m...

"CobusGrobler" wrote in message
On 11 Nov, 01:04, "Jim Davis" wrote:
"CobusGrobler" wrote in message
At Manchester Airport in the Duty free section shop they have small
bottles of wine for sale, a notice is also on display that states
they are not for consumption aboard the plane!

why the **** not ?!

It's the same as trying to take your own wine into a bar. You can have it
with you. but you can't open it.

oh yes you can....

There isn't anyplace that *I* know of that serves Alcohol, that will allow
someone to bring in their own for consumption.

You probably have never been outside of the USA. Not that this has anything
to do with why you can't consume your own alcohol on an Aircraft, even
though many people do!
--
JohnT

Jim Davis[_1_] November 15th, 2008 08:32 PM

Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

"JohnT" wrote in message
"Jim Davis" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I travel world wide, but I'm not a big drinker. So your saying there are
places where you can bring your own?

jamoran November 18th, 2008 10:05 AM

you: Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

I so bring sealed cans of soda or bottles of Gatoraide in my briefcase
If anyone takes issue, they will have to deal with me and I take no
nonsense and dont let people give me a hard time.

Ken Litwak wrote:
I know there are restrictions on liquids, like water bottles, toothpaste
tubes, shampoo, etc. What about soda cans? Since it would be a
challenge for most of us to put something into a soda can and then seal
it so that it looked factory-sealed, I'm wondering if this is okay to
bring through security.

--
JOHN

888-5-analon (888-526-2566)

computers (unix admin), chemistry, and Freggs too
I make it work. X-windows, not MSW !