TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sydney (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=146343)

Luke O'Zade November 15th, 2008 01:34 AM

Sydney

What a pity is Sydney now no longer a working port (harbour ). The pollies
have really buggered up the character of the city and the port. They seem to
be more keen on wasting $14 on some car race around Homebush Park. We
already have world class race facilities at Eastern Creek. I could carry on
but I'm afraid I can't be bothered. There a much more pleasant venues to
visit in our great country!

Disgruntled............

No Name November 17th, 2008 09:58 AM

Sydney

"Luke O'Zade" No_one@home wrote in message
What a pity is Sydney now no longer a working port (harbour ). The pollies
have really buggered up the character of the city and the port. They seem
to be more keen on wasting $14 on some car race around Homebush Park. We
already have world class race facilities at Eastern Creek. I could carry
on but I'm afraid I can't be bothered. There a much more pleasant venues
to visit in our great country!

Disgruntled............

People who've paid a million plus dollars for a view of Sydney harbour like
to watch cargo ships sail up the harbour - who doesn't?.

The problem is, once these ships are tied up to a wharf which will be close
to residentual areas the problems start. Loading, unloading and maintenance
of a ship can be a noisy. Like locals near airports, people love to complain
about noise pollution.

Most ships masters have enough problems to worry about let alone receiving a
summons to appear in court because some deckhand dropped a shifter
(adjustable spanner) on the steel deck of a ship at 3am in the morning and
awoke the whole neighbourhood.

europe_lovers November 26th, 2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke O'Zade (Post 940942)
What a pity is Sydney now no longer a working port (harbour ). The pollies
have really buggered up the character of the city and the port. They seem to
be more keen on wasting $14 on some car race around Homebush Park. We
already have world class race facilities at Eastern Creek. I could carry on
but I'm afraid I can't be bothered. There a much more pleasant venues to
visit in our great country!

Disgruntled............

Hi Luke, There are certainly much pleasant venues, like a few months back I was in Sydney and had been to the Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valleys. The wine there was something that no wine lover would want to miss. There were the whale watching tours and the scenic beauty.