TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Club Med Paradise Island to Close in Late 2004 (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27231)

Brian Beamer October 2nd, 2003 04:25 AM

Club Med Paradise Island to Close in Late 2004

Kerzner, the owner of Atlantis, has bought PI and will close it in
late 2004 to begin expanding that Vegas-like monstrosity across,
apparently, the whole damn island. I'm really glad now I'm going in
February for one last hurrah.

Lara October 3rd, 2003 05:56 PM

Club Med Paradise Island to Close in Late 2004

What a sad development. Read a report that Kerzner plans a "jungle
theme park" for the property eventually.

(Brian Beamer) wrote in message . com...
Kerzner, the owner of Atlantis, has bought PI and will close it in
late 2004 to begin expanding that Vegas-like monstrosity across,
apparently, the whole damn island. I'm really glad now I'm going in
February for one last hurrah.

Andrea Bostrom October 4th, 2003 08:32 PM

Club Med Paradise Island to Close in Late 2004

My husband and I love CM Paradise Island --- we went there for our
honeymoon and have been back several times since. It is a wonderful property
with the old estate buildings and charming old salt water pool.
I bet all of that gets razed / replaced. What a shame. Paradise Island was
ideal because it was a short flight for us. Ah well, we'll hope we get to go
one more time and then it will be elsewhere with us. "Jungle Themed Park"
indeed.

Andrea