TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Flybe UK Travel & Special Offers (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=70522)

Little Wing July 17th, 2005 08:27 PM

Flybe UK Travel & Special Offers

Hi,

I subscribe to the Flybe 'special offers' email. It always quotes great
prices but I never seem to be able to get the great prices quoted in the
email, in fact I haven't even got close.

The email states £22.50 from Southampton to Leeds so long as you avoid
Mondays, Fridays, obvious holidays and book two weeks in advance before
the 4th of August - this includes taxes and charges.

I got the email two days ago and it was entitled "summer sizzlers" -
implying one could fly in the summer. I have tried the whole of August
and the lowest fare I can get is £70. A considerable difference to
their quoted £22.50

Has anyone also suffered this problem and if so, can anyone tell me
where I'm going wrong please?

[email protected] July 18th, 2005 10:25 AM

Probably there were only two seats at that price in the whole summer
period. That way, they can legally offer a low fare and get your
attention, and several people in your position are likely to end up
booking at their higher fares.

You could contact trading standards (either your local branch or in
Exeter, where Flybe are based) but the best solution is to take the
train.

Jason Fisher July 24th, 2005 12:28 PM

flights in august are always expensive due to school holidays.

try october.

oups.com...