TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New York Cruise Terminal (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177311)

Oldsarge May 20th, 2012 11:14 PM

New York Cruise Terminal

A few months ago I heard they were moving the New York cruise
terminals.

I need to know what hotels are iin the area as we plan to fly in a day
before the cruise. Prefer Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks

Kurt Ullman May 21st, 2012 01:15 AM

New York Cruise Terminal

In article ,
Oldsarge wrote:

A few months ago I heard they were moving the New York cruise
terminals.

I need to know what hotels are iin the area as we plan to fly in a day
before the cruise. Prefer Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks

Hi:
If you are on Facebook most of us have migrated to
Rec.travel.cruises.refugees on there.

Bill[_1_] May 21st, 2012 04:23 AM

New York Cruise Terminal

On 5/20/2012 6:14 PM, Oldsarge wrote:
A few months ago I heard they were moving the New York cruise
terminals.

I need to know what hotels are in the area as we plan to fly in a day
before the cruise. Prefer Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it did not move. And where your hotel is is rather
unimportant since you're going to need to take a cab to the pier.
Manhattan hotels are very expensive. I think that many people stay in NJ
and then take a cab to NYC (or take the train over if they are really
adventurous and do not have a lot of luggage).

Charles[_1_] May 21st, 2012 12:22 PM

New York Cruise Terminal

In article , Oldsarge
wrote:

A few months ago I heard they were moving the New York cruise
terminals.

I need to know what hotels are iin the area as we plan to fly in a day
before the cruise. Prefer Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

The Manhattan Cruise Terminal has not moved.

There are many hotels in midtown Manhattan near the cruise terminal. I
have seen a Holiday Inn Express in Times Square. And a couple of
Holiday Inns in midtown Manhattan. Check on their web site.

Also to consider is which airport you will fly into. There are three
area airports. LaGuardia, JFK and Newark.

--
Charles

Charles[_1_] May 21st, 2012 12:26 PM

New York Cruise Terminal

In article , Bill
wrote:

I'm pretty sure it did not move. And where your hotel is is rather
unimportant since you're going to need to take a cab to the pier.
Manhattan hotels are very expensive. I think that many people stay in NJ
and then take a cab to NYC (or take the train over if they are really
adventurous and do not have a lot of luggage).

Taking a taxi from New Jersey to New York would eliminate any savings
from staying in New Jersey unless they are flying into Newark.

--
Charles

Ermalee McCauley[_2_] May 21st, 2012 08:59 PM

New York Cruise Terminal

Charles wrote:
In article , Bill
wrote:

I'm pretty sure it did not move. And where your hotel is is rather
unimportant since you're going to need to take a cab to the pier.
Manhattan hotels are very expensive. I think that many people stay in NJ
and then take a cab to NYC (or take the train over if they are really
adventurous and do not have a lot of luggage).

Taking a taxi from New Jersey to New York would eliminate any savings
from staying in New Jersey unless they are flying into Newark.

The taxi fare from the airport into the city is pretty expensive. I
think I would stay at a hotel near the airport (one that has a free
shuttle) and take a taxi to the port the next day. One cab ride in NY is
enough! lol

Jean O'Boyle[_3_] May 21st, 2012 11:08 PM

New York Cruise Terminal

We have always stayed at the Holiday Inn on Lafayette Street near SoHo. They
are not that far away from the pier and we enjoyed the location as Little
Italy and Chinatown are walking distance, as is the subway at Canal Street.
Not far to the ferry taking you to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island,
too. We would stay there again if we cruised out of NYC. I can't believe
how the prices have gone up in NYC since we were last there! Yikes!

Enjoy your stay and happy Cruising!

--Jean

"Oldsarge" wrote in message
A few months ago I heard they were moving the New York cruise
terminals.

I need to know what hotels are iin the area as we plan to fly in a day
before the cruise. Prefer Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks

Oldsarge May 23rd, 2012 01:54 AM

New York Cruise Terminal

On Mon, 21 May 2012 07:22:54 -0400, Charles
wrote:

In article , Oldsarge
wrote:

A few months ago I heard they were moving the New York cruise
terminals.

I need to know what hotels are iin the area as we plan to fly in a day
before the cruise. Prefer Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

The Manhattan Cruise Terminal has not moved.

There are many hotels in midtown Manhattan near the cruise terminal. I
have seen a Holiday Inn Express in Times Square. And a couple of
Holiday Inns in midtown Manhattan. Check on their web site.

Also to consider is which airport you will fly into. There are three
area airports. LaGuardia, JFK and Newark.

Thanks Charles. We are flying Southwest into LGA, so that puts us a
lot closer to the piers. I belong to Priority Club and they have many
member hotels. I'll start doing research on them and get my
reservation in early. I figure we will stay a night and possibly take
in a show.

Rich

Charles[_1_] May 24th, 2012 12:10 AM

New York Cruise Terminal

In article , Oldsarge
wrote:

Thanks Charles. We are flying Southwest into LGA, so that puts us a
lot closer to the piers. I belong to Priority Club and they have many
member hotels. I'll start doing research on them and get my
reservation in early. I figure we will stay a night and possibly take
in a show.

What you are planning to do sounds good to me.

--
Charles