TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   'Australia for dummies' does not exist. What to read instead? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109571)

Evert April 17th, 2007 03:27 PM

'Australia for dummies' does not exist. What to read instead?

Hi all!

There is no book about Australia in the Dummies series, unfortunately.
What can I read instead? I am looking for something written in the
same style/wording as the travel books in the Dummies series...

Greetings,
Evert

David Bennetts April 17th, 2007 09:46 PM

'Australia for dummies' does not exist. What to read instead?

"Evert" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all!

There is no book about Australia in the Dummies series, unfortunately.
What can I read instead? I am looking for something written in the
same style/wording as the travel books in the Dummies series...

Greetings,
Evert

Try the Complete Idiot's Guide series instead.

Regards

David Bennetts

Evert April 17th, 2007 10:30 PM

'Australia for dummies' does not exist. What to read instead?

On Apr 17, 10:46 pm, "David Bennetts"
wrote:
"Evert" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all!

There is no book about Australia in the Dummies series, unfortunately.
What can I read instead? I am looking for something written in the
same style/wording as the travel books in the Dummies series...

Greetings,
Evert

Try the Complete Idiot's Guide series instead.

They published a book on Australia?
I'm having some trouble locating it... Would you happen to know the
ISBN?

Regards,
Evert

David Bennetts April 17th, 2007 10:58 PM

'Australia for dummies' does not exist. What to read instead?

ups.com...
wrote:
"Evert" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all!

There is no book about Australia in the Dummies series, unfortunately.
What can I read instead? I am looking for something written in the
same style/wording as the travel books in the Dummies series...

Greetings,
Evert

Try the Complete Idiot's Guide series instead.

They published a book on Australia?
I'm having some trouble locating it... Would you happen to know the
ISBN?

Regards,
Evert

Keep searching, no doubt it's out there somewhere! There are plenty of
Complete Idiots around looking for it.

Regards

David Bennetts

David Bennetts April 18th, 2007 01:25 AM

"Evert" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all!

There is no book about Australia in the Dummies series, unfortunately.
What can I read instead? I am looking for something written in the
same style/wording as the travel books in the Dummies series...

Greetings,
Evert

It should exist from next year.
See http://www.leemylne.com/frommers-australia%20.htm

Australia be prepared for an influx of dummies!

Regards

David Bennetts

gerrit April 18th, 2007 08:03 AM

"Evert" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all!

There is no book about Australia in the Dummies series, unfortunately.
What can I read instead? I am looking for something written in the
same style/wording as the travel books in the Dummies series...

Greetings,
Evert

You don't need to be a dummy to come here.
Just ask the usual questions on rec.trave.australia+nz
Like:

1 I have one week in Australia and want to drive from Sideny to Ayers Rock
and then to Cairns and back to Sideny. What is the cheapest hire car?
2 I am coming in January want to go hiking near Alice Springs, where can I
get a Australian farmhand singlet to wear?

All joking aside just buy a Lonely Planet they are written in normal English
so most people can understand them, and they are pretty good too.
Also get yourself a large wall map and measure the distances.
And ask us any questions you want, but do some homework first.

Gerrit

Evert April 18th, 2007 08:26 AM

On Apr 18, 9:03 am, "gerrit" wrote:
"Evert" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks :-)

Well, I will be coming in 2 months, with Melbourne as my 'base'.
Luckily we have an 'on-site expert' (the sister of my partner), who
studies there. More at http://evert.meulie.net/category/per...007/melbourne/

The main reason I specifically was looking for a Dummies book is that
I really enjoy the way they're written... :-)

But I will keep you to your word and if there's any questions that
bubble up in the coming 2 months I will post them here :)

Thanks again!

Evert Meulie