TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dawn Princess (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177541)

[email protected] June 16th, 2012 02:02 PM

Dawn Princess

I'm about to go on a cruise on the Dawn Princess. Does anyone have
any hints?

Cruise Crazy June 16th, 2012 07:47 PM

Dawn Princess

We are big Princess fans having done more than 30 cruises with them, but
Dawn is ship we haven't been on. Doesn't it sail out of Sydney
Australia? If that is the case they use Australian dollars instead of
American. She is an older ship and holds about 2000 passengers and is a
sister to the Sea and Sun. I have not heard of recent dry docking. I
guess you could get lots more information On Cruise Critic.com

Where ae you going?

~~Doris~~

Michael Bednarek June 17th, 2012 01:42 PM

Dawn Princess

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 09:02:37 -0400, wrote in
rec.travel.cruises:

I'm about to go on a cruise on the Dawn Princess. Does anyone have
any hints?

My wife hase been on it twice, and she liked it better than the Pacific
Dawn, on which both of us travelled once. The Dawn Princess was
refurbished in 2009 in Brisbane(1), which she now frequently visits.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Princess

--
Michael Bednarek "ONWARD"

[email protected] June 20th, 2012 06:19 PM

Dawn Princess

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:47:21 -0400, (Cruise Crazy)
wrote:

We are big Princess fans having done more than 30 cruises with them, but
Dawn is ship we haven't been on. Doesn't it sail out of Sydney
Australia? If that is the case they use Australian dollars instead of
American. She is an older ship and holds about 2000 passengers and is a
sister to the Sea and Sun. I have not heard of recent dry docking. I
guess you could get lots more information On Cruise Critic.com

Where ae you going?

~~Doris~~

Around Australia - 17 days from Fremantle to Sydney.

I am going with my granddaughter - what is a 12 year old who looks
about 16 supposed to wear on formal night on Princess?

Charles[_1_] June 20th, 2012 06:23 PM

Dawn Princess

wrote:

We are big Princess fans having done more than 30 cruises with them, but
Dawn is ship we haven't been on. Doesn't it sail out of Sydney
Australia? If that is the case they use Australian dollars instead of
American. She is an older ship and holds about 2000 passengers and is a
sister to the Sea and Sun. I have not heard of recent dry docking. I
guess you could get lots more information On Cruise Critic.com

Where ae you going?

~~Doris~~

Around Australia - 17 days from Fremantle to Sydney.

I am going with my granddaughter - what is a 12 year old who looks
about 16 supposed to wear on formal night on Princess?

A nice pretty dress.

--
Charles

Jaap[_2_] June 23rd, 2012 02:22 AM

Dawn Princess

On Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:02:37 AM UTC-4, grandma R wrote:
I'm about to go on a cruise on the Dawn Princess. Does anyone have
any hints?

a chastity belt ?

Carol Eskra June 28th, 2012 07:51 PM

Dawn Princess

A 12 yr. old girl will be totally bored on a ship with a bunch of OLD
PEOPLE! On the longer cruises you normally do not find many children on
board!

When I sailed on a 14 day cruise to Hawaii, there were so many scooters
and wheelchairs blocking the hall way, at times I had to walk sideways!
Lol

Gettamulla Tupya[_2_] June 29th, 2012 10:55 PM

Dawn Princess

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:51:03 -0400, (Carol Eskra) wrote:

A 12 yr. old girl will be totally bored on a ship with a bunch of OLD
PEOPLE! On the longer cruises you normally do not find many children on
board!

When I sailed on a 14 day cruise to Hawaii, there were so many scooters
and wheelchairs blocking the hall way, at times I had to walk sideways!
Lol

The kid could have a lot of fun letting down the tyres.