TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Where in Lisbon is this? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=182073)

Don Wiss November 3rd, 2015 04:16 AM

Where in Lisbon is this?

Where in Lisbon is this? (screen grab from Feb 1926 film)

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon.jpg

David Pirmann November 5th, 2015 02:26 PM

Where in Lisbon is this?

In Don Wiss writes:

Where in Lisbon is this? (screen grab from Feb 1926 film)

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon.jpg

It's the cloister of the Jeronimos Monastery

Dave

Don Wiss November 5th, 2015 02:43 PM

Where in Lisbon is this?

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, David Pirmann wrote:

Don Wiss writes:
Where in Lisbon is this? (screen grab from Feb 1926 film)
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon.jpg

It's the cloister of the Jeronimos Monastery

Thank you.

This morning I spent a bit of time looking at views of Lisbon. I hadn't
been aware that Lisbon was known for so many viewpoints. I was not able to
identify these views:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-view-left.jpg
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-view-right.jpg

Don (a 20+ year Panixian).

David Pirmann November 5th, 2015 10:31 PM

Where in Lisbon is this?

In Don Wiss writes:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-view-left.jpg
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-view-right.jpg

On the "right" image the building on the peak appears to be the
Externato da Nossa Senhora de Penha de França as seen on Google Earth.

Address: Largo da Penha de França, 1170-298

Dave

Don Wiss November 6th, 2015 04:42 AM

Don Wiss writes:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-view-left.jpg
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-view-right.jpg

On the "right" image the building on the peak appears to be the
Externato da Nossa Senhora de Penha de França as seen on Google Earth.

Thanks. That gave me a reference point to poke around. I'm pretty sure the
filming was done from Castelo de São Jorge. It would have to be from some
important site. Their drivers would have only been taking them to such
sites. They only had like one day in Lisbon.

There are more scenes from Lisbon, but they are really obscu

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-1.jpg
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-2.jpg
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-3.jpg
http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Lisbon-4.jpg