TravelBanter

-   Latin America (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Learn a foreign language (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107818)

[email protected] March 17th, 2007 12:53 PM

Learn a foreign language

Hey everyone check out the utility I programmed that's hosted on my
website: http://www.ckoogle.com

It is called Davinci's Sort Utility, and you can find the source to it
in php on usenet if you want to run a mirror. I'm trying to find
people to port it to other languages because it is really useful. I
came up with the algorithm after realizing that if I sorted a list
alphabetically backwards everything would rhyme. It's a good tool,
and websites like rhymzones used versions of this code to create
rhyming mneumonics from phoenetical word-lists.

What's cool about my tool is you can make your own list, with just the
words you want to use. I have a list of adjectives hosted to teach
people what they are. On the SAT's they pretty much only test for
adjectives, because they are the least commonly used words and the
most mis-understood. If you want to learn a foreign language just
get all of your vocabulary words ordered phoenetically.

?php

echo 'form action="index.php" method="post"';
echo 'textarea name="input" cols="12" rows="20"';
echo '/textareabr';
echo 'input type="submit" value="Submit"';
echo '/form';

if( isset( $_POST["input"] )){
$my_array = $_POST["input"];
$my_array=strrev($my_array);
trim($my_array);
$my_array=explode("\n", $my_array);
natcasesort($my_array);
foreach($my_array as $key = $value)
echo strrev($value)." br /"; //print the array elements

}

?