Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jamoran
Forum: Air travel December 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By jamoran
Pressurized cans in checked baggage

having worked on the ramp and been one to load and unload aircraft, I
can say that the bin 1 and bin2 (forward and aft) are indeed heated and
pressurized

JOHN

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Mon, 16...
Forum: Air travel November 10th, 2009, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By jamoran
1000 pieces stolen luggage

at LAX, I almost always encounter the contract security people around
the baggage claim area.

all it would take is a contract security or even some volunteers just
their presence should help but...
Forum: Air travel November 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By jamoran
1000 pieces stolen luggage

Police in Phoenix have arrested a phoenix area couple suspected of
stealing 1,000 pieces of luggage from PHX airport baggage claim areas
and selling hte contents at yard sales or on e-bay

If you...
Forum: Air travel November 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
bird strike at KPHX

one place you would not expect birds is at KPHX (PHX) Phoenix Arizona

yesterday a Dl (Delta) aircraft was struck by or impacted some type of
bird. The object inflected damage to the aircraft...
Forum: Air travel October 21st, 2009, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By jamoran
Plastic bin as luggage ?

I've used a plywood box put hinges handles and a hasp on it (and pad
lock) no problem, Only once did it get sent to cargo instead of the BC
(Baggage Claim) got to be my trademark also checked...
Forum: Air travel October 3rd, 2009, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 20
Posted By jamoran
airport to train

I know Amtrack uses the UP (Union Pacific) tracks taht run from Willcox,
Benson, Sybil, Tucson Maricopa, Gila Bend, Yuma, Palm Springs, and into
Los Angeles...

what is funny is that if you call...
Forum: Air travel October 2nd, 2009, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By jamoran
wont fly because of TSA

prefer to dive vs fly because of TSA

used to fly every week...

I put up with NO nonsense and the TSA is nothing but nonsense we don't
need them, they eat tax sollars and serve no useful...
Forum: Air travel October 2nd, 2009, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 20
Posted By jamoran
airport to train

any airports where you can connect to a train ?

I think from LGB, SNA, VNY, or BURm you can get bus connections to union
station

like to go from PHX to union staiion on AMTRAK and fly...
Forum: Air travel September 1st, 2009, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
scanners and the airport

I always take a handheld scanner with me when I travel. Being a pilot
myself, it's fun to listen to the airport and airline frequencies

if you go to airnav.com and enter the airport name or code,...
Forum: Air travel July 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
california trip

had an interesting vacation crossing various terrains
did have to deal with high density altitude conditions in several places

DUG/GBN/YUM, then YUM/SAN then SAN/TOA/SJC then
SJC/SAC/BIH then...
Forum: Air travel June 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 29
Posted By jamoran
travel with heavy luggage

I believe in the you stuff it, you huff it theory so do many flight
attendants.... don't pack something so big or so heavy that you can not
handle or that will give the poor guy on the ramp, in the...
Forum: Air travel June 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
aviation podcasts

found a funny aviation podcast by a flight attendant for a major airline
she was featured on a Morning Edition Interview on NPR, National Public
Radio also

Betty In The Sky with a suitcase....

if...
Forum: Air travel April 8th, 2009, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By jamoran
rapid seating

I think what airlines should do is tell eveyone boarding an aircraft to
go find hte flight attendant and take a seat.... much like when you park
your car at a stadium or event, you follow the...
Forum: Air travel January 27th, 2009, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
closing roads for airbus

at many airports special arrangements like temporarily closing service
roads when the A-380 is moving around the airfield may slightly
inconvenience other aircraft

article from Los Angeles...
Forum: Air travel January 27th, 2009, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 21
Posted By jamoran
testing jet engines

I know fighter Jet canopies are tested by firing frozen chickens at them

Goodyear Aerospace. Several years ago, I toured their facility and
the testing facilities were on display

Allied Signal has...
Forum: Air travel January 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
best checked luggage

the best checked luggage I ever had, what lasted the longest took a
licking and kept on ticking....

a cargo container made out of 3/4 inch plywood... box has hinges,
handles and a hasp to lock...
Forum: Air travel January 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 21
Posted By jamoran
testing jet engines

testing jet engines for behavior during abird strike is standard practice

usually frozen chickens are fired into the spinning engine while the
engine behavior is observed

one of my friends...
Forum: Air travel January 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
no haels flying

ther eneeds to be two lines at the airport, Line-A those who want to pay
extra for all the security, and line-B those who don't pay more and get
a no hastletrip to their destination....

I'd get in...
Forum: Air travel December 31st, 2008, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By jamoran
TWA where can I find them

I flew on TWA from Phoenix to JFK, then to Heahtrow London then to
hamburg Germany

was planning another trip and trying to get fares for TWA. I know they
also had a hub at St Louis Lambert field...
Forum: Air travel December 18th, 2008, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By jamoran
Cheap Hotels, clean room reasonable price

lots of cheap hotels available for $20-40 per night not all listed in
some web sites they often provide a decent clean room at reasonable price

wrote:
Flight-Prices.net...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2008, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By jamoran
cant take it in checked baggage

there are certain things you should not put in checked bags. We know
that some are not allowed because they are dangerous or unstable

In Phoenix, one person tried to take 3 bricks of marijuana in...
Forum: Asia November 21st, 2008, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 39
Posted By jamoran
Notebooks in flight

never a problem with laptop or GPS in my plane and anything I bring on
board, laptop, cell phone, gps, etc sits right in front of the avionics

on any airliner, you are usually a minimum of 10-15...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2008, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 39
Posted By jamoran
Notebooks in flight

never a problem with laptop or GPS in my plane and anything I bring on
board, laptop, cell phone, gps, etc sits right in front of the avionics

on any airliner, you are usually a minimum of 10-15...
Forum: Air travel November 21st, 2008, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By jamoran
GPS on aircraft

I often take my GPS with me when I am on a commercial plane as I also
use it in my own plane.
I always have people around me come look at my screen to see where the
plane is...

On a recent trip, I...
Forum: Asia November 21st, 2008, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 39
Posted By jamoran
Notebooks in flight

never had any problem. I will put the laptop on the floor or put in a
bag and put behind my legs if I have to...

On planes, I need to remember to kick out or disable my network card or
as it will...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28