Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gunter Herrmann
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2012, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Second AA Flight Returns To JFK After Row Of Seats Comes Loose

Hi!

Fly Guy wrote:
It can also be assumed that the seats did not become loose at any point
- they were loose (not properly fastened to the floor) to begin with.

No, you can install a screw...
Forum: USA & Canada September 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Places like the Outer Banks, but warm in the winter?

Hi!

Bert wrote:
I'm guessing that we'd have to stick to
the gulf coast or the Florida keys to find places where it's real beach
weather in the dead of winter

Forget the gulf coast. The water...
Forum: Europe December 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 59
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Autobahn construction sites - caution

Hi!

Tom P wrote:
Not many drivers realize that this limitation means the width of the
vehicle INCLUDING the rear view mirrors.
[snip]

Incidentally, if you think folding the mirrors in will...
Forum: Air travel October 22nd, 2011, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Using electronic devices during take-off and landing

Hi!

Fly Guy wrote:
During the year or two after 9/11, I remember that a lot of people were
getting screwed over by airport security because they were forcing
people to turn on their electronic...
Forum: Europe August 12th, 2011, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 52
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Muenster

Hi!

Johannes Kleese wrote:
However, since Germans like it complicated, they replace ß with SS, if
capitals are to be used (or no ß is available).

Or if "SS" would be misleading they use...
Forum: Europe February 18th, 2011, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 260
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Payment by card in Germany

Hi!

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

Darmstadt, 1982-85.

Hmm, in West Berlin there were plenty of ATMs at that time.

I had my first "Geldkarte" (Money Card) in East Berlin around 1986.
By the end...
Forum: Europe May 8th, 2009, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Customs

Hi!

all of dgs wrote:

If Frankfurt is your first entry point into Germany, that's where
you'll clear customs. FRA-TXL and FRA-SXF are domestic flights, so no
customs on that leg.

That is...
Forum: Europe April 22nd, 2008, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 130
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Any Favorite must-see places to visit in Germany?

hI!

Sarah Banick wrote:

... when I was a kid, I had no idea about places like Fallujah or
Kandahar.

If your teacher told you about Alexander he (or she) should have
told you about cities...
Forum: USA & Canada February 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
question re Fort Myers area's

Hi!

Rog' wrote:

First, there are no crocs near Ft. Meyer's or even the nearby
Everglades/Big Cypress swamp. There is a small croc population
near Key Largo.

There is a population of crocs...
Forum: USA & Canada January 13th, 2008, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
ConUS beaches in February

Hi!

Hatunen wrote:

You might look into Panama City Beach, Florida.

Water will still be quite cool there in February.
And when it gets warmer Panama City Beach is crowded by the spring
break...
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2007, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 271
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Trip to Germany

Hi!

Cathy L wrote:

In Munich, as we walked down Landsburgerstrass, When someone
approached, we would smile. Only younger people would smile back.
Older people would not. It was morning, so...
Forum: Europe October 4th, 2007, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 271
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Trip to Germany

Lennart Petersen wrote:

But was it Wittenburg or Wittenberg?

Or Wittenberge (between Hamburg and Berlin - if you followed the trace).

brgds

--
Gunter Herrmann
Forum: Europe September 2nd, 2007, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

Hi!

Sarah Banick wrote:

I know Keith and a few others can probably give you more detailed responses.
I really enjoyed staying in Prenzlauerberg. I doubt you'd want to stay in
the...
Forum: Europe July 26th, 2007, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
plugs for Germany, Denmark and Latvia

Hi!

Bruce Dumes wrote:
I'm going to be traveling to Germany, Denmark and Latvia next month. I
would be most grateful if someone could tell me if all three countries
use the same style...
Forum: USA & Canada May 18th, 2007, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
cheapest western state for 1 way car rental?

Hi!

rod shaftesbury wrote:

I am trying to figure out what would be the cheapest place to
rent a car and drive up to seattle area. I want to get a car either in
nevada, colorado, utah,...
Forum: Europe May 13th, 2007, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 135
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Retarded British fight to keep outdated Imperial measurements

Hi!

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Do you fancy a meal of "100 grammes of meat kotlet" at the "Hotel
Intourist", DFM...???

Where is the difference between this and the 12 ounce t-bone steak
at IHOP?
Forum: Europe May 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 135
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Retarded British fight to keep outdated Imperial measurements

Hi!

Hatunen wrote:

Along those lines, I've wondered how they typical can of soda in
Europe came to be 330 ml.

One third of a liter (or litre) has been one common size for beer
and non...
Forum: Europe May 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 135
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Retarded British fight to keep outdated Imperial measurements

Hi!

Alan S wrote:

mg/dl instead of mmol/l

In this case you have a rare case of a metric to metric conversion
not based of powers of 10.

And this conversion is non trivial as it is different for...
Forum: Europe March 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Berlin central hotel in june

Hi!

Lennart Petersen wrote:

A small hint : we made an excursion to Woltersdorf by S-bahn (to Rahnsdorf)
and the local tramway and found it an interesting place for a small visit.

Make it...
Forum: Europe October 24th, 2006, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 61
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Do Stores in Germany Allow Foreigners Inside?

Hi!

Jens Arne Maennig wrote:

stay where you are.

You mean in my killfile?

SCNR & brgds
Forum: Europe October 4th, 2006, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Classical concerts in Berlin?

Hi!

- Bobb - wrote:

There are 2 Opera Houses in Berlin ( East and West)

Unfortunately I must correct you.
There are 3 opera houses in Berlin:

1. Deutsche Staatsoper
Forum: Europe September 16th, 2006, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Berlin Non-Stop from North America?

Hi!

Gregory Morrow wrote:

That's about it, and those flights may only be seasonal.

They have both been introduced more than a year ago. And they
operated all the time.

I used one of them (CO)...
Forum: Europe July 9th, 2006, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Gunter Herrmann
Question about Berlin's train station

Hi!

carlosjm wrote:

I will be arriving in Berlin coming via rail from Copenhagen.
Does Berlin have only one train station? If not, which train station
will I be arriving to?

I assume you...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23