Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.44 seconds.
Forum: Europe October 26th, 2006, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Pics of my German trip

It depends on where you want to go in Germany, but in the North of Germany
people usually don't have winter tires at all (probably allround tires, but
none especially for winter) and they're...
Forum: Europe October 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Is Stuttgart any good?

Now, if we could only get rid of the hordes of cars with yellow license
plates

This is a dutch special:
If a Dutch fails the exam for the drivers license 10 times, he gets the
license as an...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2006, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Airport Security in Seville, Spain

What is the point of frisking? I've seen old ladies frisked.

Did they have long beards? :-)

Yes, the security show on airports ist somehow absurd.
Last time I went to Cancun I flew both ways via...
Forum: Europe September 29th, 2006, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Gambia

Gosh, I've been all over Europe and I don't remember that place..

At least it's close to Europe: it's on the same planet!

:-)
Walter
Forum: Europe September 21st, 2006, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 282
Posted By [email protected]
driving habits in Europe

wrote:
What is your opinion about the different driving habits in most of the
European countries? France, England, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Italy,
Spain, the...
Forum: Europe September 21st, 2006, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Hofbrau Haus

they also have 2 litres maas !!!
Why on earth?

Extremely slow waiters?

I live in Munich and when I pass by I have a look into it. Really funny
place. Busloads of japanese, american, and...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2006, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 272
Posted By [email protected]
McDonald's Doing GREAT In Europe...

Driving into Amberg from a late flight into Frankfurt, about 9 PM, McD's
looked awfully good for a snack before bed. Been there a few times around
noon. Nothing but locals. An occasional...
Forum: Europe August 31st, 2006, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
What is banned in carry-on for flights WITHIN Europe?

pork cutlets, a bottle of wine and a package of chicken hearts!

Was ist a no service flight where you bring your own onboard snacks
with you?
:-)

Walter
Forum: Europe August 29th, 2006, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Day trip from Rome to Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Capri

directly to Sorrento and
staying there for the entire time (5 days).

For an island trip I would rather go to Procida and Ischia than to
Capri.
Capri village is just a tourist facade with Prada...
Forum: USA & Canada August 24th, 2006, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 368
Posted By [email protected]
Bilingual in Europe versus USA

people who speak one language are American.

.... or French. It's still very uncommon to learn foreign languages
there. Specially English.
They are still dreaming their french world language dream...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 400
Posted By [email protected]
Bilingual in Europe versus USA

people who speak one language are American.

.... or French. It's still very uncommon to learn foreign languages
there. Specially English.
They are still dreaming their french world language dream...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Germany: Penalty for overstaying your 3 month visa?

What on earth could the US embassy have to say about a German
visa?

Maybe answer this question from their FAQ list?
Something like "Call this number or go to that office with your
passport for a...
Forum: Europe August 3rd, 2006, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Travelling in Germany - Konstanz to Munich

Sounds like an interesting option.

BTW: The Lindau link does not work, it contains a stupid session id.
So you have to enter
Lindau (Bodensee)
into Field "Ort".

By the way, I hope this does...
Forum: Europe August 3rd, 2006, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Travelling in Germany - Konstanz to Munich

wondering if there was a possibility of using Lander ticket on either
or both of the legs?

You would need one for Baden Wuerttemberg and one for Bavaria.

What about this?
3 hours by ship from...
Forum: Europe August 2nd, 2006, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Laptop vs Internet cafes in Italy?

And I expect that I will have a certain amount of leisure
time the first week. During that time, I'm thinking of
catching up on some of the writing that I want to do.

If you do it in internet...
Forum: Europe August 1st, 2006, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Frankfurt airport to train transfer

Thanks for your reply. More details...
I am travelling on Lufthansa to Terminal1. Hand luggage only.

If your plane is in time and docks to a finger you will make ist.
If it's stranded in the...
Forum: Europe July 31st, 2006, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
American Floyd Landis wins 'tour de france'

So the problem is apparently general. I don't think the problem
is only American since at the beginning of the race a German
and a Spaniard were ejected. The problem is definitely human,
Forum: Europe July 28th, 2006, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
American Floyd Landis wins 'tour de france'

But at this point things
don't look good. Disappointing. And a shock.

Disappointed, maybe. Shocked: not anymore about such news.

Why am I not surprised at all? Maybe after his miraculous...
Forum: Europe July 25th, 2006, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
American Floyd Landis wins 'tour de france'

IMHO it is impossible to win something like the Tour de France without any
medical tricks, permitted or otherwise. So the winner might well be the
pharma industry, as long as the eleventh...
Forum: Europe July 24th, 2006, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
American Floyd Landis wins 'tour de france'

He did have a 'miraculous' recovery after the mountain breakdown.

In an interview he said that he "got new power overnight". Well, I'm
not shure what he exactly meant, but obviously he did...
Forum: Europe July 14th, 2006, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.german,alt.wedding
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
German wedding etiquette and protocol

One thing that my wife used to have to remind me of, unlike
in the US where putting your arms on the table is considered bad
manners, in Germany it isn't

Seriously? I would expext putting your...
Forum: Europe July 14th, 2006, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.german,alt.wedding
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
German wedding etiquette and protocol

I have been invited to a wedding near Stuttgart in October and I am
wondering if anyone here could offer any input on German (or more
specifically Swabian) wedding protocol,

Important part of...
Forum: Europe July 13th, 2006, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
so much for the poor language skills of the English

its the same for all languages, they change over time.

No, not the same.
If a language is being used by lots of non-native speakers it's, let's
say flattened by this.
Depending on education and...
Forum: Europe July 13th, 2006, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
so much for the poor language skills of the English

Mandarin is making inroads here,

Learn Chinese, 1.3 Billion people can't be wrong :-)

learning a language closer to home IMO. I think that French and German
are still good staples...
Forum: Europe July 6th, 2006, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
cycling in france - suggestions?

Can anyone suggest an itinerary?

There is a rather big group of cyclists doing a 3 weeks round trip thru
France at the moment. Seems to be really well organized. Maybe you can
join them. :-)

No,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25