Showing results 1 to 25 of 192
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Myers
Forum: Air travel March 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Myers
Airline information on-line on the Internet FAQ

On 3/6/2011 11:31 PM, Runge 128 wrote:
not as stoopid as the guy who firmly believes the world needs him...

News flash: John's FAQ IS useful to quite a few regular travelers,
myself included.
The...
Forum: Air travel March 7th, 2011, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Myers
Airline information on-line on the Internet FAQ

On 3/6/2011 5:30 AM, Runge 128 wrote:
here we go again with this useless crap.

And as reliably as Old Faithful, each and every time you post the
ENTIRE THING again, just to add one TRULY useless...
Forum: Air travel February 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Myers
Airline information on-line on the Internet FAQ

On 2/13/2011 11:12 AM, Runge 128 wrote:
Ah god told him to, once more.

And who was it who told you to re-post the WHOLE THING?

Bob M.
Forum: Air travel December 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Myers
Quantas service sheet

On 12/12/2010 7:34 AM, mikeos wrote:
As you are aware Qantas pride themselves on their safety record. So
after their recent "minor" problems I thought
I should send this round in case any of...
Forum: Air travel December 6th, 2010, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Myers
Airline information on-line on the Internet FAQ

On 12/5/2010 4:31 PM, Runge 126 wrote:
Lol the guy lives for this post and nothing else.

And you live to re-post the whole damned thing plus a one-line comment?

Bob M.
Forum: Air travel July 10th, 2010, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Myers
China Airport Shutdown Is Presumably Secretive Military Technology

Robert Cohen wrote:
And as at least some or many other sightings' explanations including
by airplane people

But if not, then perhaps: vestigial flying dinosaur aka giant birdie,
optical...
Forum: Air travel June 27th, 2010, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Bob Myers
Substandard Italian workmanship renders first 787s unsafe

Mxsmanic wrote:
My experience and training have shown significant cultural
differences that cannot be ignored.

And again - that "experience and training," relevant to this topic,
would be -...
Forum: Air travel June 27th, 2010, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Bob Myers
Substandard Italian workmanship renders first 787s unsafe

VOR-DME wrote:
\ I certainly hope this laziness does not extend to his piloting
activities, otherwise _bad things_ could happen!

No, nothing bad is ever going to happen there, simply because...
Forum: Air travel June 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 303
Posted By Bob Myers
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bob Myers writes:

No. The little airplane you see on the screen may stall, but
you have absolutely no insight at all into what a stall *feels*
like.

I have some...
Forum: Air travel June 26th, 2010, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 303
Posted By Bob Myers
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bob Myers writes:

But the simulator experience you're talking about is absolutely
meaningless without real-world flight experience.

I don't share that opinion, nor is it...
Forum: Air travel June 26th, 2010, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Myers
Air Transport To Be Curtailed Drastically (To Zero, Actually!)

wrote:

As it is, atmospheric levels of oxygen are half of what they were
about 125 years ago,

Excuse me for being so blunt - but are you insane? It is trivially
easy to...
Forum: Air travel June 26th, 2010, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Bob Myers
Substandard Italian workmanship renders first 787s unsafe

Mxsmanic wrote:
Flaps_50! writes:

Where in the article does it say the Italian parts are substandard?
As I read it it's an assembly problem (shimming and bolt torque)
which takes place...
Forum: Air travel June 26th, 2010, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Bob Myers
Substandard Italian workmanship renders first 787s unsafe

Mxsmanic wrote:

If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time I've read about an
Italian company screwing things up.

And you somehow think that sort of thing is unique to...
Forum: Air travel June 25th, 2010, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 303
Posted By Bob Myers
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Mxsmanic wrote:

Tell us: does the simulator simulate a stall?

Yes.

No. The little airplane you see on the screen may stall, but
you have absolutely no insight at all into what a stall...
Forum: Air travel June 25th, 2010, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 303
Posted By Bob Myers
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Mxsmanic wrote:
William Black writes:

No, it's like saying that anyone who has driven any car knows a
great deal more about driving than someone who has played driving
games on a...
Forum: Air travel June 25th, 2010, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 303
Posted By Bob Myers
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Mxsmanic wrote:
Hatunen writes:

That depends on what you're claiming to be an expert at.

I don't claim to be an expert at anything, but I'm quite certain that
I know more about flying a...
Forum: Air travel June 25th, 2010, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 303
Posted By Bob Myers
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

a wrote:
Now here is a question that really displays my ignorance: what
certificates do military pilots hold? Are those certificates issued by
the FAA?

No. The military is a law unto itself...
Forum: Air travel June 18th, 2010, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Replies: 303
Posted By Bob Myers
Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Mxsmanic wrote:

There are two myths that need to be dispelled, namely (1) the notion
that anyone with any piloting experience necessarily will do a better
job of getting an plane home safely...
Forum: Asia May 10th, 2010, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob Myers
Two days in Tokyo. Advice please!

On 5/7/2010 4:19 PM, Spencer wrote:
Hi, I am an elderly, but mobile person who will be returning to Tokyo
for two full days in September and would appreciate comments and
advice on my...
Forum: Air travel April 30th, 2010, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Myers
On-board cellphone signal detectors?

On 4/30/2010 1:37 PM, AES wrote:
During the departure taxi phase on a United 777 at Dulles yesterday
(4/28), the cabin crew made the usual safety announcements and
instructions that all...
Forum: Air travel April 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM Posted to soc.culture.indian,aus.politics,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.new-zealand,rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Myers
travel alert: foreign visitor murdered in new zealand

On 4/29/2010 11:18 AM, harmony wrote:
A white supremacist has been jailed for at least 16 years in New Zealand for
murdering a South Korean hitchhiker.

Prosecutors said Shannon Brent...
Forum: Europe January 7th, 2010, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.airports.uk.humberside,alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 65
Posted By Bob Myers
Great 'service' from Ryanair - NOT!!!

Jeff Hacker wrote:
Meanwhile, John had been advised to get a bus to the city centre and
then to Prestwick.

Sounds like a reasonable suggestion, but...

But the city bus he caught dropped him...
Forum: Air travel December 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 58
Posted By Bob Myers
If You Think Your RFID Passport Is Secure, Think Again

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bob Myers writes:

Is there really ANY reason at all for believing that this can readily
be done with equipment small enough to be concealed on
a person?

Yes. It...
Forum: Air travel December 14th, 2009, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 58
Posted By Bob Myers
If You Think Your RFID Passport Is Secure, Think Again

While the discussion of just what might or might not be
done with the information encoded in an RFID passport
is interesting, I think you're all missing a more fundamental
issue: no one has...
Forum: Air travel December 2nd, 2009, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Myers
A Double-wide in a Single Seat (Sortof)

James Robinson wrote:
A rather large passenger supposedly with only one seat reservation:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/unusual-attitude/

Nothing that says how it was handled.

I would...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 192