Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ant[_25_]
Forum: Air travel August 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM Posted to alt.airports.uk.edinburgh,alt.airports.uk.glasgow,uk.transport.air,rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By ant[_25_]
BA named worst airline in Europe as millions of bags go missing

Craig Welch wrote:
Jim Mason quoted:

© 2007 Associated Newspapers Limited

Conditions of your use of this web site

Do you have a point? People post news articles to Usenet every day....
Forum: Air travel August 3rd, 2007, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By ant[_25_]
Canadians! Claim Your Cities

Larry in AZ wrote:
Waiving the right to remain silent, "JohnT"
said:

wrote in message
Forum: Air travel August 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By ant[_25_]
2 planes collide at Heathrow !!

wrote:
Millions worth of damage after two planes collide at Heathrow

When you land at LAX, the aussie pilots always make a sarcastic announcement
about having to wait for a...
Forum: Air travel July 28th, 2007, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By ant[_25_]
TSA will confiscate your carry-on food without warning

Rog' wrote:
I dunno 'bout TSA, but in Amsterdam, when the security
screener saw my bag full of Belgian chocolates, he said,
"Oh. We'll have confiscate these." The screener standing
next to...
Forum: Air travel July 27th, 2007, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 26
Posted By ant[_25_]
What to expect?

John wrote:

Well, let's have 3 cheers for PTRAVEL and his old lady, the most
considerate, polite,kindly pair of travelers the world has ever known,

Let us pray that there are no children on...
Forum: Air travel July 26th, 2007, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 93
Posted By ant[_25_]
CNN: Talkative Toddler, Mother Kicked Off Plane

hummingbird wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 14:13:22 GMT 'Jeff Hacker'
posted this onto rec.travel.air:

Years ago, Eastern Air Lines had a "family" section on their DC8-61's
between JFK and...
Forum: Air travel July 25th, 2007, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 258
Posted By ant[_25_]
Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

d.g.s. wrote:
On 7/21/2007 4:38 AM Martin jumped down, turned around, and wrote:
How many native Brits & Americans could pass such a test?

Heh. Good question, but buggered if I know.

Forum: Air travel July 23rd, 2007, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 93
Posted By ant[_25_]
CNN: Talkative Toddler, Mother Kicked Off Plane

NotABushSupporter wrote:
ant wrote:
Rudy wrote:

It adds to my long standing argument that airlines should segregate
kids from other passengers.

Since the airlines arent...
Forum: Air travel July 22nd, 2007, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.air

Rudy wrote:
It adds to my long standing argument that airlines should segregate
kids from other passengers.

Since the airlines arent carrying pets anymore, you could use all
those...
Forum: Air travel July 19th, 2007, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By ant[_25_]
A Backlash Against Flying Families?

zorba wrote:

Sure, I have heard kids babbling, singing songs and playing games on
airplanes. Yes, I have heard them complaining or crying when their
ears hurt or they are bored. But that's OK....
Forum: Air travel July 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By ant[_25_]
Taking a camera onto a long-haul flight..

Neill wrote:
Anything else such as camera bag, chargers,
cleaning materials etc goes in the hold.

How cruel! imagine the disappointment of the baggage handlers and TSA as
they dive for the...
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 42
Posted By ant[_25_]
Boston to Paris direct/NEW PROBLEM

William Black wrote:
"ant" wrote in message
James Robinson wrote:
wrote:

I MUST have...
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 42
Posted By ant[_25_]
Boston to Paris direct/NEW PROBLEM

James Robinson wrote:
wrote:

I MUST have a hotel with SHOWER and TWIN BEDS. The hotels I've
checked all have tubs only.

If anyone can suggest hotels I greatly...
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 93
Posted By ant[_25_]
CNN: Talkative Toddler, Mother Kicked Off Plane

DaveM wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:45:06 +1000, "ant"
wrote:

I think most of us can see that the footage from the talk show will
be gold to the airline's...
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,soc.culture.thai
Replies: 49
Posted By ant[_25_]
Heathrow falling pax numbers ! going elsewhere

wrote:
Heathrow could lose European crown
Jonathan Prynn, Evening Standard
12 July 2007, 11:25am

Heathrow is in danger of losing its status as Europe's leading airport
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 93
Posted By ant[_25_]
CNN: Talkative Toddler, Mother Kicked Off Plane

DaveM wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:03:57 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:06:38 -0000, Jim Davis
wrote:

On Jul 13, 12:31 am,...
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 93
Posted By ant[_25_]
CNN: Talkative Toddler, Mother Kicked Off Plane

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
Brian said in rec.travel.air:

A fellow passenger told Channel 2's Rachel Kim none of the other
passengers had problems with Garren

An...
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 93
Posted By ant[_25_]
Talkative Toddler, Mother Kicked Off Plane

Agent_C wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2vnwke

The flight attendant was entirely correct in her actions and I applaud
her. Children should be expected to *behave in public* and parents
should not...
Forum: Air travel July 15th, 2007, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 40
Posted By ant[_25_]
Mom, baby booted from plane

Duh_OZ wrote:

"She then said, 'You know, it's called baby Benadryl.' And I said,
'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,'"
Penland said.

Which is the attitude of...
Forum: Air travel July 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 13
Posted By ant[_25_]
Taking a camera onto a long-haul flight..

wrote:

Bet it makes a nice thud when someone moves your "sweater" to put
their bag in or grabs the blanket and hauls it out to use and it
unrolls and launches your nice DSLR...
Forum: Air travel June 30th, 2007, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Replies: 258
Posted By ant[_25_]
Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

Maxwell wrote:
I think we can all rest assured teach the world to speak
understandable English is not a long term problem. Everything will be
going to Spanish in a few years anyway.

In the US,...
Forum: Air travel June 30th, 2007, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By ant[_25_]
Child's Temper Tantrum Causes Delta Flight To Make Emergency Landing

NotABushSupporter wrote:
mg4586 wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19453141/

Apple Juice Tantrum Causes Plane To Make Emergency Landing

Wss it really an "emergency landing"?
Forum: Air travel June 29th, 2007, 04:24 PM Posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.travel,rec.travel.air
Replies: 66
Posted By ant[_25_]
AIRLINES OUT OF CONTROL

Tchiowa wrote:

Of course not. I just work for one of the largest corporations in the
world and have close to 3 million miles flying on their dime. No clue
whatsoever.

To have accumulated so...
Forum: Air travel June 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM Posted to alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By ant[_25_]
FAF - brazen breeders

khan wrote:
From a social forum:

A person relates an airport experience
===========================

this reminds me of our flight back from Washington. The air hostess
was telling a...
Forum: Air travel June 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation,alt.travel,rec.travel.air
Replies: 66
Posted By ant[_25_]
AIRLINES OUT OF CONTROL

Louis Krupp wrote: