Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Forum: USA & Canada August 22nd, 2010, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
moderate climates - low energy bills

"Tim923" wrote:

No perfect place to live.

Hawaii?
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel February 18th, 2009, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
hello everybody!

Kata wrote:

Hi guys! I'm Kata. just wanted to introduce myself. Traveling is
pretty much an obsession for me, but in a good way :) I spent the last
2 years working in places...
Forum: USA & Canada March 18th, 2008, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Cheapest way to travel between Islands?

Brian K wrote:

wrote:
Might be over in Hawaii for one month..... on Maui

What's cheapest way to travel between the islands such
as to Big...
Forum: USA & Canada March 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Cheapest way to travel between Islands?

Might be over in Hawaii for one month..... on Maui

What's cheapest way to travel between the islands such
as to Big island from Maui, etc? Maui to Oahu, etc?

Ferry the cheapest way or is air flight...
Forum: USA & Canada March 13th, 2008, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Apartment swap Hannibal Mo for Hawaii?

PeterL wrote:

What's there to do for a whole month in Hannibal?

http://www.hanmo.com/
Forum: USA & Canada March 12th, 2008, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Apartment swap Hannibal Mo for Hawaii?

I live in Hannibal Missouri.... boyhood home of Mark
Twain and on the Mississippi River

I have some time off this summer..... more than a month

How would someone arrange an apartment/apartment...
Forum: USA & Canada March 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Anyway to get airfare to Maui down?

Stefan Patric wrote:

And.... is THAT the reason prices are higher? IOW.... if staying on Oahu
would it be cheaper overall?

Not if you can stay for free on Maui like your...
Forum: USA & Canada March 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Anyway to get airfare to Maui down?

Stefan Patric wrote:

If you can get cheaply to Las Vegas

Hey now that's an idea!

Maybe get one of those cheap package deals to Vegas but
do NOT use the room or anything? Just...
Forum: USA & Canada March 4th, 2008, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Anyway to get airfare to Maui down?

PeterL wrote:

Have you checked kayak.com? Also check flying from Chicago. It's
likely that if you wait the fare will be higher.

Ok thanks

Is it possible for a full size...
Forum: USA & Canada March 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Anyway to get airfare to Maui down?

My girlfriend and her two kids want to go to Maui early
July and stay for one week.

Her parents will be over there and have a condo
available so my girlfriend will NOT need to pay for
living...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand November 13th, 2007, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
An American's Impressions

We have just returned from our 3 week cruise-tour of Australia and New
Zealand. W

Great report and thanks!!

I live in the States and have never been to Aussie land
but want to someday
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 10th, 2007, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
The Nullarbor

Here is a photo of the Nullarbor taken from the side of the highway.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2tlydv

This one is of that part of the highway near Eucla WA. The "fog" is actually
sea mist...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
The Nullarbor

From your full header I gather that you might be from
the eastern USA. If so, I can appreciate your yen for the
"wide open spaces" with a low population.

I'm in Missouri..the Midwest.... but...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
The Nullarbor

Actually, should have gone into a bit more detail here. On many
highways and roads, even comparatively near the major cities.
most people prefer to travel during the day.

Would very much like...
Forum: All-inclusive Resorts August 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
[Admin] I think it's time to end this group

Anonymouse wrote:

one reason I'm sure there are so few posts/replies is that it can take
days from when a post is sent to when it appears... and replies can take
days...
Forum: Caribbean July 10th, 2007, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Dominica

Don Wiss wrote:

You can read my experience he http://donwiss.com/travel/carib2003.htm

Also see link at top to the pictures.

Don www.donwiss.com/pictures/carib...
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel November 18th, 2006, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone going RTW here?

"imposter" wrote:

Anyone going RTW here?
Yup, second RTW trip starting next August (hopefully)! Overlanding
through Europe, Trans-Siberian/Mongolian Railway to...
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel November 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone going RTW here?

(Jim Ley) wrote:

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:55:00 -0600, wrote:

haven't seen much discussion abt it lately

Probably, once I can escape this current "job"... ...
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel November 8th, 2006, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone going RTW here?

haven't seen much discussion abt it lately
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Desert USA Travel - What Does 10% or Lower Humidity Feel Like?

" wrote:

Last time I was in Death Valley, it was on the high 80s with extremely
low humidity. It still felt very hot to me and I sweated a lot...
Forum: USA & Canada October 21st, 2006, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Whats to do in Pheonix for a week?

Hatunen wrote:

Save for certain flights (my wife is flying Jetblue direct to NYC
this wee) we use the Phoenix airport for almost all flying.
Before we moved back to Tucson we...
Forum: USA & Canada October 21st, 2006, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Whats to do in Pheonix for a week?

(Nile) wrote:

I third the suggestion for Tucson

Ok but is Tucson big enough to have direct flights from
St Louis?
Forum: USA & Canada October 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Whats to do in Pheonix for a week?

Hatunen wrote:

Unless you're enamored of huge cities with lousy traffic and
monstrous freeways, I'd suggest Tucson as your city of choice for
seeing the desert southwest. Thre's...
Forum: USA & Canada October 20th, 2006, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Whats to do in Pheonix for a week?

I still have abt one week vacation to burn up before
end of calendar year

I've never been to desert southwest... Phoenix, etc.

Being in north Missouri and being pretty miserable
weather wise I'm...
Forum: Caribbean October 6th, 2006, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Dominica

Brian K wrote:

Fly to one of the nearby islands that has direct US
flights, then take a ferry or a sail boat. That is if you don't mind
being a sea for a length...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75