Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Forum: Africa April 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Uganda advice?

Hi Liz

I think the itinerary sounds quite good. A hearty "YES" is my
recommendation.

My wife and I did a "self-drive" (with a driver/mechanic -- necessary
on those roads!) in 2005 that matched your...
Forum: Africa March 11th, 2007, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

On Mar 11, 12:46 am, "
wrote:

Just got back.

Had a wonderful time. No problem as we traveled 10k mile in the
month.

We have not figured...
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

On Feb 11, 1:27 pm, "Corné" wrote:
I don't buy any of your arguments, and I am disappointed in your racist
and
patronising attitude.

Too bad I don't have your...
Forum: Africa February 8th, 2007, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
?Travel and Restaurant Guide?

On Feb 7, 3:54 pm, Marc Lurie wrote:
Hi Doug,

Whatever you do, NEVER trust most restaurant guides :-)

The recent "Best of Johannesburg Awards" are...
Forum: Africa January 27th, 2007, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Drive to Cape Town? I wouldn't drive from Jo'burg to Cape Town. From the Kruger I advise to
visit St. Lucia and Hluwehluwe. Then drive to Durban and take a flight to
PE. From PE you can drive...
Forum: Africa January 26th, 2007, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Travel from northern Uganda to southern Sudan

Good luck.

Unless there's someone in the NG with experience in this specific
region/conflict, I'd advise you to identify some of the NGOs, UN
agencies, relief charities (+ missionaries) and media...
Forum: Africa January 25th, 2007, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Improving the safari product in South Africa

On Jan 25, 7:52 am, ) wrote:
In article ,

Certainly, when someone from Africa wants to experience a...
Forum: Africa January 24th, 2007, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Improving the safari product in South Africa

On Jan 24, 8:18 am, ) wrote:
In article ,

Here in the USA, our "Native Sovereign Nations" are allowed to...
Forum: Africa January 24th, 2007, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

I agree with Dave, good time of year. Might be a bit steamy in/around
Durban, but if your car has aircon you'll have an emergency escape from
the heat if you happen to need it.

I also agree that the...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Kruger Again

New thread started under the topic "Improving the safari product in
South...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Improving the safari product in South Africa

Kicking off with a re-post from the "Kruger Again" thread, to get us
started...

Corné wrote:
Kurt wrote: "and that Kruger and private reserves were
created in the last century in South Africa...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Kruger Again

Corné wrote:
Kurt wrote: "and that Kruger and private reserves were
created in the last century in South Africa by kicking local people off"

The above statement is pure nonsense, and I defy...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Kruger Again

Corné wrote:
schreef in bericht
Corné wrote:

Colour is no longer an issue anymore in the new South...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Kruger Again

Corné wrote:

Colour is no longer an issue anymore in the new South Africa

The above statement is pure nonsense, and I defy you to justify it with
a factual argument. If you care to do so, I...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Kruger Again

Corné wrote:
By all means let's assist and encourage people in this NG to come to
Africa and enjoy the wildlife, landscapes, cultures and people.

Hear hear! And a good and not expensive way...
Forum: Africa January 21st, 2007, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Kruger Again

Scott Elliot wrote:
wrote in message
................rant..................... One hidden aspect of
the...
Forum: Africa January 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Kruger Again

It's expensive for private game reserves to keep the nostalgic myth of
Edenic, pre-human "unspoilt nature" maintained and up to the ever
rising levels of competitive fantasy in the marketplace.

Like...
Forum: Africa December 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Horseback riding safari in Tanzania

I don't have direct experience with any in Tanzania, but a quick Google
search of "horse tanzania safari" turned up what looks like rich
pickings. Be sure you follow Liz's advice animal...
Forum: Africa December 24th, 2006, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Can anybody help me with information about wildlife volunteering in Africa

There's also a thread over on RealTravel.com that's a bit stale, but
has some insight and references you might find useful:

http://forums.realtravel.com/showthread.php?t=299

Kurt
Forum: Africa December 24th, 2006, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Can anybody help me with information about wildlife volunteering in Africa

wrote:

Can anybody help me with information about short-term (2 weeks)
wildlife projects for volunteers in Africa? In Internet I find only
very commercial opportunities,...
Forum: Africa December 19th, 2006, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Uganda photos

Some great shots, Scott, and some locations off the beaten path -- Sipi
and Hairy Lemon were a treat to see. Sounds like you were able to see
Uganda at the proper leisurely pace. Anyone considering...
Forum: Africa December 12th, 2006, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
In-Country Cost Comparison Among East African Countires

Marc Lurie wrote:
On 11 Dec 2006 23:23:38 -0800, "
wrote:

SNIP

Thanks for your input about your car hire problems. I would like to
make a comment though....
Forum: Africa December 12th, 2006, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
I am planning atrip to uganda

Richard L. wrote:
Hi

I am planning a trip to uganda in a few weeks time. I am wondering if
someone has been to kampala and can tell me if it possible to withdraw money
with a bank card from...
Forum: Africa December 12th, 2006, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
In-Country Cost Comparison Among East African Countires

Scott Elliot wrote:
My wife and I were in Uganda in August. Prices varied from upscale to very
cheap, depending on the quality of accommodation you want. Most park fees,
and your entry visa...
Forum: Africa November 14th, 2006, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Africa on Google Maps!

Scott wrote:
Hi,

I have just noticed that Google Maps now offers detailed road maps in
many countries in Africa. I have discovered very detailed city maps
for:

- Johannesburg, South...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25