Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 2.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alfred Molon[_6_]
Forum: Asia June 24th, 2018, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Lebanon travelogue with pictures (long, very detailed)

https://www.molon.de/travelogues/Lebanon/2017-18/

The trip report of our two weeks trip to Lebanon with a rented car.
Lebanon is a very interesting country with lots of things to see and do,
and...
Forum: Asia February 14th, 2018, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Layover in Manila

In article , Chris in Makati
says...
The post you are replying to is now over 20 years old.

I'm sure the traveler worked things out somehow.

But I...
Forum: Europe January 21st, 2017, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Uber in Naples/Sorrento

In article , Jack Campin
says...
(Some of the railway stations in the area are not sufficiently
accessible for someone with arthritic hips,...
Forum: Europe September 24th, 2016, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Famagusta as a daytrip from Larnaca

There just about 40km between the two cities, but can you just go in and
out (into Turkish Cyprus and back to Greek Cyprus) easily? We have
German passports and my wife holds a Malaysian...
Forum: Asia May 13th, 2015, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Ankor Vat, Cambodia

In article ,
says...

Is it convenient to travel from Bangkok to Ankor Vat by road. How much time does it take from...
Forum: Asia April 23rd, 2015, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bing search engine results in China

In article ,
says...
Works okay for me via a China proxy.

Eg. http://www.godic.net/dict/Pronomen

First...
Forum: Asia April 19th, 2015, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bing search engine results in China

In article ,
says...

Can you use a VPN?

Probably yes, I guess I would have to purchase the service.

But the...
Forum: Asia April 18th, 2015, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bing search engine results in China

Currently in Beijing. Since Google is unavailable, I have to use Bing.

A Bing search for "pronomen" (German for "pronoun") returns no results,
only the following text:

"Your country or region...
Forum: Europe January 10th, 2015, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Muslim-run accommodation in Munich?

In article , Jack Campin
says...

My wife and I will be going to Munich in the spring, partly to meet up
with someone she knows ("friend" would...
Forum: Asia December 1st, 2014, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bangkok-Manila with Air Asia?

In article ,
says...

Hi, I'd like to buy a round trip ticket from Manila-Bangkok-Manila but
on Air Asia web site I get the price...
Forum: Europe November 8th, 2014, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 81
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
escape

In article , terrable says...
A country with multiple groups of radical leftists, neo-nazis and other
wackos.

A country with multiday riots.

Hundreds...
Forum: Europe November 6th, 2014, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 81
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
escape

In article ,
poldy says...
Germans are preventing the ECB from easing, which would help the entire
EU, because they don't like the idea of...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2014, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

In article ,
Surreyman says...

You ate 'ethnic' in the Netherlands, but not Indonesian? You missed out on one of the Netherlands' major...
Forum: Europe September 14th, 2014, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

In article , tim..... says...
What a strange route to include Amsterdam in a trip to
Germany/Denmark/Sweden

Because I had to be in Amsterdam on these dates, to...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2014, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

Here is a detailed report of our trip to northern Germany, Denmark and
the Netherlands in June this year (by car + plane from Munich):

http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Germany/2014/...
Forum: Asia January 12th, 2014, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
United Arab Emirates travelogue 2013-14

Here is a report of our recent two weeks trip to the United Arab Emirates and
Musandam (Oman):
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/UAE/2013-14/

The photos are not uploaded yet (will take months, as...
Forum: Asia January 9th, 2014, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
travel - tokyo - 10-hour layover - find a guide

In article , larry mehl
says...

We have 10 hours between flights, arriving 0800, departing 1820.
Is it feasible to find a guide to meet...
Forum: Asia September 29th, 2013, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Hongkong

In article , karolakowie1
@wp.pl says...

My vacations start in middle of November. I have 17 days there at my
disposal. I am thinking of spending...
Forum: Asia September 28th, 2013, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Hongkong

In article , karolakowie1
@wp.pl says...

I don't have particular interests,- I guess I am an average tourist who
wants to learn something more about...
Forum: Asia September 28th, 2013, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Hongkong

In article , karolakowie1
@wp.pl says...

I have just purchased flight tickets to Hongkong,- return flight after
17 days.
Any suggestions...
Forum: Europe April 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Why do American conservatives spam usenet?

All these nonsense posts from American republicans. Are they so
desperate?
--

Alfred Molon
Forum: Asia March 17th, 2013, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia

In article , says...
Hi,
I'm sorry for the urgency.
I have just purchased the ticket to Bangkok with Thai Airways and now
I have to buy the...
Forum: Europe February 26th, 2013, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Mt Etna pics

The first photo of the Sicily trip (Mt Etna):
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Italy/Sicily/Etna/
--

Alfred Molon
Forum: Europe February 26th, 2013, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe

In article , Martin Theodor Ludwig
says...
Could the difficulties to find (affordable) restaurants have been an
effect of the season during Christmas and New...
Forum: Europe February 24th, 2013, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 43
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
European Resturant Food prices (was Sicily travelogue)

In article , tim..... says...
Do you really eat breakfast and two three course meals *every* day?

I think you are missing the point. It may be the case that you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250