Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alfred Molon[_6_]
Forum: Asia August 3rd, 2019, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Hong Kong mess continues

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-
kong/politics/article/3021339/hong-kong-protests-chaos-
rages-wong-tai-sin-residents-turn

And according to press reports it's impacting the
economy of Hong Kong.

--...
Forum: Asia July 3rd, 2019, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 20
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
singapore sucks, don't go there

In article ,
says...
Maybe things are not so quiet and relaxed as you think in Singapore.
According to local media reports there were...
Forum: Asia July 2nd, 2019, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 20
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
singapore sucks, don't go there

In article ,
says...
These things always look overly dramatic on TV, but a couple of
streets away life goes on as normal.

Maybe, but...
Forum: Asia July 1st, 2019, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 20
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
singapore sucks, don't go there

In article ,
says...
What "mess"?

I was in Hong Kong last week and didn't notice it any different than
normal. Yes, I know there...
Forum: Asia June 29th, 2019, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 20
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
singapore sucks, don't go there

Besides, who would want to visit Hong Kong with the
current mess.
--
Alfred Molon
https://www.molon.de - Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe
Replies: 20
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
singapore sucks, don't go there

In article XnsAA7C8DD378F7Enotmeyoueqwe9sadfvc7@
46.165.242.91, says...

It's indeed a bit expensive, but quite nice. Personally
I like it more than Hong Kong.

Forum: Asia June 23rd, 2019, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 20
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
singapore sucks, don't go there

It's indeed a bit expensive, but quite nice. Personally
I like it more than Hong Kong.

--
Alfred Molon
https://www.molon.de - Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe
Forum: Asia January 13th, 2019, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 18
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
What to do in Singapore for a month?

In article ,
says...

The trip he was asking for suggestions for took place 16 years ago.

There's no need to fake replies just...
Forum: Asia June 24th, 2018, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Lebanon travelogue with pictures (long, very detailed)

https://www.molon.de/travelogues/Lebanon/2017-18/

The trip report of our two weeks trip to Lebanon with a rented car.
Lebanon is a very interesting country with lots of things to see and do,
and...
Forum: Asia February 14th, 2018, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Layover in Manila

In article , Chris in Makati
says...
The post you are replying to is now over 20 years old.

I'm sure the traveler worked things out somehow.

But I...
Forum: Europe January 21st, 2017, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Uber in Naples/Sorrento

In article , Jack Campin
says...
(Some of the railway stations in the area are not sufficiently
accessible for someone with arthritic hips,...
Forum: Europe September 24th, 2016, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Famagusta as a daytrip from Larnaca

There just about 40km between the two cities, but can you just go in and
out (into Turkish Cyprus and back to Greek Cyprus) easily? We have
German passports and my wife holds a Malaysian...
Forum: Asia May 13th, 2015, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Ankor Vat, Cambodia

In article ,
says...

Is it convenient to travel from Bangkok to Ankor Vat by road. How much time does it take from...
Forum: Asia April 23rd, 2015, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bing search engine results in China

In article ,
says...
Works okay for me via a China proxy.

Eg. http://www.godic.net/dict/Pronomen

First...
Forum: Asia April 19th, 2015, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bing search engine results in China

In article ,
says...

Can you use a VPN?

Probably yes, I guess I would have to purchase the service.

But the...
Forum: Asia April 18th, 2015, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bing search engine results in China

Currently in Beijing. Since Google is unavailable, I have to use Bing.

A Bing search for "pronomen" (German for "pronoun") returns no results,
only the following text:

"Your country or region...
Forum: Europe January 10th, 2015, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Muslim-run accommodation in Munich?

In article , Jack Campin
says...

My wife and I will be going to Munich in the spring, partly to meet up
with someone she knows ("friend" would...
Forum: Asia December 1st, 2014, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Bangkok-Manila with Air Asia?

In article ,
says...

Hi, I'd like to buy a round trip ticket from Manila-Bangkok-Manila but
on Air Asia web site I get the price...
Forum: Europe November 8th, 2014, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 81
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
escape

In article , terrable says...
A country with multiple groups of radical leftists, neo-nazis and other
wackos.

A country with multiday riots.

Hundreds...
Forum: Europe November 6th, 2014, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 81
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
escape

In article ,
poldy says...
Germans are preventing the ECB from easing, which would help the entire
EU, because they don't like the idea of...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2014, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

In article ,
Surreyman says...

You ate 'ethnic' in the Netherlands, but not Indonesian? You missed out on one of the Netherlands' major...
Forum: Europe September 14th, 2014, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

In article , tim..... says...
What a strange route to include Amsterdam in a trip to
Germany/Denmark/Sweden

Because I had to be in Amsterdam on these dates, to...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2014, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 39
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

Here is a detailed report of our trip to northern Germany, Denmark and
the Netherlands in June this year (by car + plane from Munich):

http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Germany/2014/...
Forum: Asia January 12th, 2014, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
United Arab Emirates travelogue 2013-14

Here is a report of our recent two weeks trip to the United Arab Emirates and
Musandam (Oman):
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/UAE/2013-14/

The photos are not uploaded yet (will take months, as...
Forum: Asia January 9th, 2014, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Alfred Molon[_6_]
travel - tokyo - 10-hour layover - find a guide

In article , larry mehl
says...

We have 10 hours between flights, arriving 0800, departing 1820.
Is it feasible to find a guide to meet...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250