Showing results 1 to 25 of 140
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A Mate[_2_]
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Best Way to Spend 2 Days in Auckland in April?

Not into the nude stuff (frankly, you'll freeze your whatevers off - even in
Auckland in April).

Car rental is cheap - $45 a day tops, including all insurances and unlimited
mileage. Use a sub-major...
Forum: Air travel January 16th, 2010, 11:05 AM Posted to alt.current-events.war-on-terror,rec.travel.air,alt.society.liberalism,soc.culture.usa
Replies: 7
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
White, Cub Scout, 8 years old - and on Obama's "Terrorist Watch List"

If you're not careful in the USA - you are going to tear yourselves apart as
a nation. You are becoming so irrationally partisan as to threaten
democratic government.

Perhaps reading and study of...
Forum: Asia January 8th, 2010, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Steer well clear of Malaysia!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8447450.stm

Malaysian churches fire-bombed ahead of demonstrations

Three churches have been attacked in Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur, ahead
of planned...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 4th, 2010, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

SLI is not required in Australia.

Personal injury insurance (for all except the driver in some states) is
included either in Licence fees or in vehicle registration.

Check on glass coverage, but...
Forum: Asia January 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM Posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore
Replies: 6
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Phuket tourists attacked by Taxi driver thugs

So many problems in Phuket!!

Stay Away! Easy!
Forum: Asia December 31st, 2009, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Advice on our Seoul visit

Nguyen - you're a busy lad. Somewhere different every week!!! Maybe!

"Nguyen Quoc" wrote in message...
Forum: Asia December 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Help needed - Jakarta Hotel reviews

The hotel that is closest to where you will spend most time!

Metered taxis. Those vultures will out-bargain you any day!

"Nguyen Quoc" wrote in message...
Forum: USA & Canada December 17th, 2009, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Disney Museum

It's a tough World!

"PeterL" wrote in message
On Dec 16, 2:08 pm, "- Bobb -" ...
Forum: Asia December 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Vietnam During Tet: Bad Idea?

The Vietnamese have long since moved on from the War! What other reason
would there be to NOT be there then. It's an even more intereesting time to
be in Vietnam!

"Walt Bilofsky"...
Forum: Asia December 15th, 2009, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
when and how long to visit taiwan?

Oh Well!!

Pity usenet's dying.

It was once a useful resource!

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Forum: Asia December 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
when and how long to visit taiwan?

Later in the year you leave it the cooler it gets. We were there in August
this year - and 'enjoyed' Typhoon Morakot.

1 week is just barely enough time to view the highlights. Two weeks and
you'll...
Forum: USA & Canada November 10th, 2009, 12:26 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Best way to book flights to/in the US?

I would suggest he carefully look at the time he has allowed himself!!

"Dan C" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009...
Forum: Air travel November 10th, 2009, 12:26 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Best way to book flights to/in the US?

I would suggest he carefully look at the time he has allowed himself!!

"Dan C" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009...
Forum: USA & Canada November 9th, 2009, 09:23 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Best way to book flights to/in the US?

Joey I would strongly recommend that you visit your nearest Flight Centre or
STA office.

There are many pitfalls in multi city booking over the net when you are not
experienced - you could...
Forum: Air travel November 9th, 2009, 09:23 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Best way to book flights to/in the US?

Joey I would strongly recommend that you visit your nearest Flight Centre or
STA office.

There are many pitfalls in multi city booking over the net when you are not
experienced - you could...
Forum: Air travel November 2nd, 2009, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
International airline tickets?

I have flown both Korean Air and Eva Air.

Eva Air operate new aircraft from Taipei to Australia - and have a decent
Premium Economy from Taipei to mainland USA. (This year's experience).

Korean...
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2009, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
International airline tickets?

Australia is a long haul from the USA. When we fly this route we always
overnight somewhere.

Alternatives you may want to consider are flying Korean Air (which could,
depending on the timeing)...
Forum: USA & Canada November 1st, 2009, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
United Airlines loses luggage

Which airline doesn't!!!

From time to time.

"US PAX" wrote in message
http://www.theupperdeck.com/?p=71
Forum: Europe November 1st, 2009, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
United Airlines loses luggage

Which airline doesn't!!!

From time to time.

"US PAX" wrote in message
http://www.theupperdeck.com/?p=71
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2009, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
United Airlines loses luggage

Which airline doesn't!!!

From time to time.

"US PAX" wrote in message
http://www.theupperdeck.com/?p=71
Forum: Air travel October 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Separated whilst on plane

it's just worked out that she has got business class and I'm in economy
class.

Probably just because she's paid (or someone else has paid for her) to
travel Business Class, and you...
Forum: Air travel October 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Separated whilst on plane

it's just worked out that she has got business class and I'm in economy
class.

Probably just because she's paid (or someone else has paid for her) to
travel Business Class, and you...
Forum: USA & Canada October 18th, 2009, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Alternative Amtrak journeys

Yeah! Thanks Dave - we haven't been to the Railway Museum since the early
1980's (took our children - now themselves parents) - in fact haven't been
to Sacramento since then. Looking forward ro...
Forum: USA & Canada October 18th, 2009, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Alternative Amtrak journeys

Many thanks to all. The Denver to Sacramento trip wins by acclamation. I'll
book it right now.

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2009, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By A Mate[_2_]
Alternative Amtrak journeys

We will be in the USA next year from late May to early July - tourists from
Australia - and have a choice (to fit available time etc).

#1. Amtrak from Los Angeles to San Antonio (Sunset Limited) -...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 140