Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 1.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nick chan
Forum: Asia April 20th, 2009, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By nick chan
Huangshan - incomparable beauty?

Hello, i went to huangshan last october. I can't get over it. It was
awesome, spectacular, massive, like a dream.

OK, i hope to go somewhere else this Sept/October. Is there any
comparable places...
Forum: Asia October 3rd, 2008, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By nick chan
Hangzhou Hostel/Hotel

hi can anyone recommend me a hostel with GREAT location near hangzhou
westlake?
(few-minute walk would be great)
Forum: Asia August 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By nick chan
Huangshan Tour from Hangzhou Airport ? Or other recommendations...

Hi, is there a tour operator who can take me from Hangzhou Airport to
Huangshan Mountains?

Is Huangshan the most spectacular sight which is "near" to hangzhou?
Any other recommendations?

I'm going...
Forum: Asia June 19th, 2008, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By nick chan
Plug converter and voltage - Australia to Asia

hi , like joseph said, u don't need a voltage converter
just a universal plug type converter
electrical appliances are made for

1) 110v
2) 220-240v (mostly asia and europe)
3) 130v (japan)

so your...
Forum: Asia June 16th, 2008, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By nick chan
Thailand & neighbouring countries

Siem Reap (Angkor) is not to be missed !!

On Jun 15, 10:23*am, "Joy" wrote:
Me & the wife are planning to travel to Thailand for
sightseeing/vacation.

What are the good...
Forum: Asia June 3rd, 2008, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By nick chan
going to china october 11th - but.....

On Jun 3, 12:14*am, (Peter Neville-Hadley)
wrote:
nick chan wrote:
hi i heard from my friends saying that chinese get 1 week holiday
starting...
Forum: Asia June 2nd, 2008, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By nick chan
going to china october 11th - but.....

hi i heard from my friends saying that chinese get 1 week holiday
starting october 7th or october 10th.
and tourist areas (and everywhere) will be swarmed by large local
tourists. is that true? I...
Forum: Asia May 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 12
Posted By nick chan
Train trip from BKK to Penang?

its quite ok in thailand, u'd get snenic view
but in malaysia, the train passes thru people's backyard, and very
tall weeds
its kinda a long journey, 18 hours or so?
and getting from butterworth, to...
Forum: Asia May 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By nick chan
pangkor island hotels recommendation

hi, could anyone recommend a hotel nearest to beach or has nice view
of the pangkor island sea?
(other than pangkor island beach resort)

seaview resort is fully booked for this coming weekend
Forum: Asia April 22nd, 2008, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By nick chan
malaysia

Bangkok to KL - 24hour train ride full of regrets
In thailand maybe u'll get views of countryside. but in Malaysia, back
of people's home and tall grass.
In 1999, it costs me about RM120 or so for...
Forum: Asia April 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 15
Posted By nick chan
Good hotel in Ipoh

i've stayed at millenium hotel (former Regent Hotel) and New world
hotel (adjoining Renaissance) both in KL

i requested for extra towels at new world, they brought it with sweets
and flowers on the...
Forum: Asia April 1st, 2008, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 15
Posted By nick chan
Good hotel in Ipoh

malaysia cheap hotels is a mess
but their 5 star hotels are the best i've stayed

On Mar 28, 6:45*pm, grusl wrote:
On Mar 27, 3:59*pm, " A Mate"...
Forum: Asia April 1st, 2008, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
From Angkor to Mekong in one day by boat? (and other)

mine was $25 per day too
make sure you tell him you do not want to go to restaurants with
tourists.
tell him "I don't want see tourist, i want to see locals"
foot massage is only $5 per hour
u'll...
Forum: Asia March 17th, 2008, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By nick chan
Visiting China - Is it Cheap Anymore?

it is so ridiculous that many 5x hotels raise prices up to 10 fold.
2-tier pricing is unlikely though

On Mar 17, 1:19*am, "Sharkbait" wrote:
Peter Neville-Hadley...
Forum: Asia February 25th, 2008, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By nick chan
Going to Hangzhou/Shanghai October

Hi thanks for the reply
Advice taken and I will spend less time at hangzhou. My friend said I
cannot miss suzhou. Do you know how many days is enough to visit
suzhou?
thanks!

On Feb 23, 5:24*am,...
Forum: Asia February 22nd, 2008, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By nick chan
Going to Hangzhou/Shanghai October

Hi, I'll be going to hangzhou 12 oct 2008, and leave 18 oct 2008
(11pm)

I plan to spend 3 nights in shanghai, 3 nights in hangzhou.

Transport
1) Should I go to...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16