Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 2.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: michaelj
Forum: Europe January 17th, 2015, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By michaelj
from Berlin to Prague by car

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 3:36:04 PM UTC-8, wrote:
We are going to fly to Berlin in October, stay a few nights (probably 4) and were thinking of then driving from Berlin...
Forum: Europe November 16th, 2011, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 44
Posted By michaelj
London to Paris via Chunnel

On Nov 13, 6:57*pm, 14/11/11 wrote:
What is the actual travel time for this trip? Eurostar says 2hr 15min, but a
friend called them up and was told the actual...
Forum: Europe August 19th, 2011, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By michaelj
Glacier Express

On Aug 18, 2:28*pm, Spencer G wrote:
I will later by staying in Interlaken for several days and, as a train
lover, would like to travel on the Glacier Express. ...
Forum: Europe February 14th, 2011, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 48
Posted By michaelj
Mosaics

On Feb 13, 6:47*am, Dan Stephenson wrote:

What mosaics displays do you know about and could recommend? *
Particularly those that are more hard to reach or otherwise...
Forum: Europe February 14th, 2011, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 48
Posted By michaelj
Mosaics

On Feb 13, 6:47*am, Dan Stephenson wrote:

What mosaics displays do you know about and could recommend? *
Particularly those that are more hard to reach or otherwise...
Forum: Europe December 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By michaelj
thoughts on hostels

On Dec 8, 6:49*am, yawnmoth wrote:
A friend of mine was thinking about going to Europe and staying in
hostels as opposed to hotels. *I've never been in a hostel and had a
Forum: Europe February 2nd, 2010, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By michaelj
Lake District, UK

On Jan 29, 6:32*am, mike wrote:
My family and I will be going to Nottingham, UK, and hope to travel to
the Lake District and Scotland this coming mid July.
I would...
Forum: Europe December 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By michaelj
Beach Resort Near Rome

On Dec 7, 1:05*pm, Tom wrote:
I am thinking of taking the family to Rome this summer. *I would like
to know if there is a nice, 4 or 5 star beach resort within a couple
of...
Forum: Europe November 26th, 2009, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By michaelj
London to Dublin

That does look like a pretty good deal. Sometimes travel is a trade
off between
cost and experience. That fare is from any station in Britain for any
time of ferry
available. You could get a seperate...
Forum: Europe November 25th, 2009, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By michaelj
London to Dublin

Cathy

Since you're not in a hurry, taking the train from London to Holyhead,
you might consider a stop on the route. There is a direct train from
Euston, or you could stop in Chester for the Chester...
Forum: Europe November 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 50
Posted By michaelj
Oberammergau

On Nov 1, 3:27*pm, "Dick Snyder" wrote:
My wife and I will be hiking in *the Dolomites in Sept 2010 and are thinking
of trying to get to Oberammergau to see the...
Forum: Europe July 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By michaelj
Landsberg am Lech

On Jul 28, 5:35*pm, Spencer wrote:
I hope to have four days in Munich in September and would appreciate any
comment about in including a day trip to Landsberg in my itinerary....
Forum: Europe June 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By michaelj
Lockboxes at Baden-Baden's train station

On Jun 29, 1:22*pm, Holly wrote:
I understand there are lockboxes at Baden-Baden's train station (in
Oos). How large are they? I'm going to be arriving in town fairly
Forum: Europe June 30th, 2009, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

On Jun 29, 1:22*pm, Holly wrote:
I understand there are lockboxes at Baden-Baden's train station (in
Oos). How large are they? I'm going to be arriving in town fairly
Forum: Europe June 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By michaelj
Going to Dublin 2nd Week August: Activity Recommendations?

On Jun 17, 2:56*pm, "Tricky Dicky" wrote:
As per earlier threads, booked flights and accomodation today

Any advice on the must-sees and don't bother and anything...
Forum: Europe June 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By michaelj
Paris Hotels or Apartments

On Jun 15, 9:15*pm, "Ron Santen" wrote:
Hi All

Will be in Paris for a week (with wife) in late September this year.
Looking for a reasonably priced hotel or apartment...
Forum: Europe May 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 46
Posted By michaelj
Attending the Monaco F1 Grand Prix - is it worthwhile for a nonF1 fan?

On May 25, 12:26*pm, Rod wrote:
I'm not really a F1 motorsport fan (I don't actively dislike it - just
never been that interested in it), but the recent Monaco grand...
Forum: Europe April 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 65
Posted By michaelj
Top scenic drives in Europe?

On Mar 30, 8:05*pm, Dan Stephenson wrote:
Hi I am touring Europe by car and am seeking scenic drives. *I am sure
I will stumble on many beautiful drives, but it wouldn't...
Forum: Europe November 24th, 2008, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By michaelj
Oldest castles in southern Germany?

On Nov 23, 7:44*pm, Dan Stephenson wrote:
Hi I am travelled to Germany next year and I'm laying in some planning.

I really like visiting castles, the older the better....
Forum: Europe September 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By michaelj
Belgium Ardennes

On Sep 25, 11:29*am, JuanElorza wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:42:14 +0200, © joson wrote*:

Ardennes is a little know wonderful region
You can combine Ardenne...
Forum: Europe July 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By michaelj
cabin baggage

On Jul 22, 2:05*am, "Mike....."
wrote:
whats going on with cabin baggage? BA say its now just by size or maybe 23K
limit, two items, Iberia still say the old...
Forum: Europe July 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By michaelj
An unexpected extra day in Munich

On Jul 15, 5:35*pm, Spencer wrote:
Hi
A change of plans (caused by a tour company cancellation) during a
September visit to Munich has resulted in my having an extra day...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered July 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By michaelj
Question: Favorite travel links? pls

On Jun 28, 9:14*pm, Jamie wrote:
Hi *
Just curious what your favorite sites are?

JJ

Okay I'll bite.

www.bargaintraveleurope.com
Forum: Europe July 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 24

On Jun 28, 9:14*pm, Jamie wrote:
Hi *
Just curious what your favorite sites are?

JJ

Okay I'll bite.

www.bargaintraveleurope.com
Forum: Cruises July 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc