Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: D Ball[_2_]
Forum: Cruises July 19th, 2010, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 27
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Medi-evac to the US

On Jul 18, 8:16*pm, Charles wrote:
In article
,
Frank from Deeeetroit ...
Forum: Cruises July 16th, 2010, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Compressed Luggage

For clothes, I had a powder blue and bone Chanel-type suit with bone
heels and a hat (the hat was just a thing made of wire and artificial
flowers). *This was a formal as I...
Forum: Cruises July 16th, 2010, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Compressed Luggage

On Jul 15, 5:17*pm, Barbara Brown wrote:

This upcoming cruise is 18 days plus 3 in Amsterdam, 1 in London and 1
in New York so we're going to take one extra bag and pay...
Forum: Cruises July 12th, 2010, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 26
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Cost of train from Venice to Rome.

On Jul 8, 7:53*pm, robbielynn wrote:
I need help. I have looked up trains in Italy but can't get
a clear answer on the cost of a one way ticket from
Venice to...
Forum: Cruises July 12th, 2010, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Back From Alaska

Hi, Marcia,

Thanks so much for sharing your Alaska trip with us. It was fun to
read all about it! Bummer on the weather, but you are a real traveler--
so flexible and upbeat even when things didn't...
Forum: Cruises July 12th, 2010, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 30
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Norwegian Epic at last!

Hi, Gadget, thank you for sharing your Epic impressions. It's fun to
hear such enthusiasm for a new ship!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX
Forum: Cruises June 18th, 2010, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Fodor's blog post on cruise ship food

Hi, all, I am looking forward to trying a few more lines, including
MSC and Oceania, so I can jump into these discussions. Although, food
is just so tough to call. Tonight, my husband and I were 180...
Forum: Cruises June 18th, 2010, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Bon Voyage to Alaska!

Marcia, I gather you are leaving this weekend, tape and all. ;) Have
a wonderful trip! We can't wait to hear all about it.

Diana
Forum: Cruises June 13th, 2010, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Bon voyage to Bermuda!

Diana, did you decide to book Bermuda or not??

sue

Dunno! Our window of time moved to early August--I am currently trying
to figure out our options. Bermuda's still one....

Diana
Forum: Cruises June 13th, 2010, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 49
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Has anyone done the White Pass railroad in Skagway?

Marcia,

I can think of a lot of ways to spend $30, so I'm one that would lean
toward booking with the railroad directly. The issues are timing and
ability to walk.

As indicated, the sole benefit...
Forum: Cruises June 13th, 2010, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Bon voyage to Bermuda!

Charles, have a wonderful week! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Diana
Forum: Cruises June 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Hows this for a deal

Having sailed NCL America (which I hated mostly because it was extremely
difficult to get dinner reservations, not because of the service that
everyone claimed was bad), it would be very hard...
Forum: Cruises June 12th, 2010, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 61
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
passport needed or not for Caribbean cruise?

Ignore Charles; there's no room in his black and white thinking for
multiple correct answers.

Somehow, in spite of the repeated suggestions, I don't think you are
following along, Jack. The card...
Forum: Cruises June 10th, 2010, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 27
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Medi-evac to the US

We have never paid more than $130.00, each for travel insurance. *Call
you auto agent. *What would possess anyone to call for an insurance
price beyond your auto/home homewner insurance?...
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
avoiding airfare for cruise?

On Jun 8, 3:36*pm, George Leppla wrote:
On 6/8/2010 3:11 PM, Tom K wrote:

As you are going for the savvy frugal guy booking, I will throw out
one more idea:...
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 102
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
First time on a Cruise - have lots of questions

On Jun 8, 1:35*pm, Ohioguy wrote:
* *If you've been on a cruise line before, do you get lower rates? *I
noticed several of the websites asking this, and my wife has been on
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
avoiding airfare for cruise?

On Jun 8, 2:05*pm, Ohioguy wrote:
haven't felt the need to inundate the group with questions which with a
little search I could find out for myself!

* *I'm on dialup, and...
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 47
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
avoiding airfare for cruise?

On Jun 8, 2:15*pm, "margaret" wrote:
I have also read and learnt from your posts Mark. *:)
I haven't booked my cruise yet. *I'm still researching but I want to go to
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
how often do cruise prices change?

On Jun 7, 10:43*pm, Ohioguy wrote:
Another example, from "cruisehotsheet.com"

Sept. 19 Carnival Legend from Tampa shows
$539 for 7 day balcony, per person
* *- but when you...
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Supreme Court Rules against Costa

On Jun 7, 6:21*pm, MAS wrote:
On 6/7/2010 7:15 PM, Charles wrote:

In , *wrote:

IMO, it's too bad that the...
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 61
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
passport needed or not for Caribbean cruise?

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_sa.html

See the section on "closed loop" cruises.

Definitely read the "required documents" section of the cruise line
website, e.g., here is Carnival's:...
Forum: Cruises June 6th, 2010, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Fort Lauderdale Disembarkation

Planning for the worst is always a good idea. I think Donna and all
cruisers disembarking in FLL could simply consult the ship calendar
for Port Everglades and assess how many other ships will be...
Forum: Cruises June 6th, 2010, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Fort Lauderdale Disembarkation

Hello backatcha! *Yep, I do think a taxi will be best. *I'm so looking
forward to this cruise. *It's a Celebrity, out of Seattle, through the
Panama Canal. *I'll be sure and post a review after...
Forum: Cruises June 6th, 2010, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Fort Lauderdale Disembarkation

Unless there is weather or some other freaky occurrence, all ships
arrive in FLL very early and begin disembarkation early. There are
plenty of ways to get off between 8-9 if one really wants to be...
Forum: Cruises June 5th, 2010, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By D Ball[_2_]
Fort Lauderdale Disembarkation

On Jun 5, 2:05*pm, "TexGal" wrote:
This is my first post to RTC but I've been a lurker for some months. *I've
learned some good tips from many of you posters and I want to thank...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250