Showing results 1 to 25 of 244
Search took 0.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Cain
Forum: Europe December 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Cain
Christmas in Rotterdam

http://www.cityguiderotterdam.com/events/activities/christmas-rotterdam/

"Barney" wrote in message

For reasons of my own...
Forum: Europe October 12th, 2011, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Cain
Transportation in Amsterdam

"

I'm going to need transportation from the Amsterdam airport to a hotel
near the Rijksmuseum, and then from the hotel to the pier where cruise
ships dock. Should I take taxis, or are there better...
Forum: Europe July 8th, 2011, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By Steve Cain
A little trip to Naples

But you saw the city of Naples?
I have read of garbage and crime, but to me it seems a normal city.
I found this documentary about Naples, then tell me what you...
Forum: Europe July 8th, 2011, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,italia.napoli.discussioni,it.politica
Replies: 25
Posted By Steve Cain
A little trip to Naples

We thought this place to be an excellent B&B.
http://www.parteno.it/portale/stage/

Ty for the info.
Do u know really Naples?
Can you tell me something about this city?

Really know Naples? I...
Forum: Europe July 7th, 2011, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,italia.napoli.discussioni,it.politica
Replies: 25
Posted By Steve Cain
A little trip to Naples

"Ken Blake" wrote in message

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 18:38:49 +0200, "Seet O' Tchess"
wrote:

Hello.
I have organized a...
Forum: USA & Canada June 16th, 2011, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Cain
Driving from Chicago to Kansas City

If indeed a vacation go a ways south and do Branson, MO.
Forum: Europe May 28th, 2011, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Cain
Tuscany Italy

"Charles J. van Doornewaard" wrote in message

Just a question,

Is Tuscany also nice to visit in the month of October?

(That is...
Forum: Europe May 22nd, 2011, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 24
Posted By Steve Cain
Hotel in Rome

but the Hassler Villa Medici has an
excellent reputation. I'm sure it's very
good.

If a 4* hotel on *Via Cavour* is "a bit pricey" for them, don't you
think the 5* luxury Hassler which caters to...
Forum: Europe April 29th, 2011, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Cain
Inexepensive break for a retired man.

It would be via either coach or plane, and ideally would be a trip catering
mainly for other retired people. Emphasis is on the inexpensive. Thanks.

I'd try Salobrena, Spain. Best Western there....
Forum: Europe April 27th, 2011, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 45
Posted By Steve Cain
CDG Airport Terminal Connections

Perhaps you are code sharing out of Paris to Athens? KLM....er, Royal
Dutch? Tix purchased from Delta?

"Tom P" wrote in message ...

On 04/27/2011 04:12 PM,...
Forum: Air travel April 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve Cain
Connecting through LAX

wrote in message

On Apr 15, 8:01 pm, John Levine wrote:
AA used to have a bus inside the terminal 4...
Forum: Europe March 31st, 2011, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By Steve Cain
A week in Rome

Stromboli is really the only "choice" here. The other is isolated.

Stromboli puts you within walking distance or hand metro/bus to the many
venues you want to get to quickly.
Forum: USA & Canada March 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Cain
Where to stay in Mendocino

"PeterL" wrote in message

On Mar 28, 1:52 pm, "Marty" wrote:
My wife and I plan to spend a week in...
Forum: Europe March 17th, 2011, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 33
Posted By Steve Cain
Hotel in Venice?

The consensus seems to stay outside the city in Treviso.

Consensus? Perhaps this NG is in trouble.
Forum: Air travel March 14th, 2011, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Cain
why does my return airport affect my outbound flight?

Ebookers and AA's own website and all 3 behave the same.

At AA try clicking on "Multi-City" and enter your stuff.

Forum: USA & Canada March 13th, 2011, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Posted By Steve Cain
two weeks in the U.S.

in los angeles, new york and washington sir. what budget hotels outside
the city proper can you suggest? $100 a day for 2 will be ok.

--
In LA (if you have to go to LA) from LAX take the 232 bus...
Forum: USA & Canada March 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Might it be cheaper to do a Home - NY - Home with a stopover in LA on the

way over?

Now we're talkin! Substitute SFO for LAX and it works. LA jetlagged? LA?
Forum: Europe March 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 33
Posted By Steve Cain
Hotel in Venice?

Second are there any super secret hotels that are "off the beaten path"
we should consider?

Try the Hotel Marconi. Hardly off the beaten path being on the Grand Canal
within yards of the Rialto...
Forum: Air travel February 16th, 2011, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Cain
Names on UAL reservations?

No Problem. You simply have fields running together. Likely this is not
how it will appear on your boarding pass and it will PASS regardless.
Assuming you have a passport or license per Michael A...
Forum: USA & Canada February 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Cain
California: Southern, Central, Northern?

?Central = north of LA and south of the Bay Area

"Don Kirkman" wrote in message

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 10:06:34 +0000, Terry...
Forum: Europe January 16th, 2011, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Cain
Turin question

?We're going to be spending a week's holiday in Turin and have been
looking at some apartments. There was a nice looking one in the Santa
Rita district (Via Boston at Corso Agnelli) and I wondered if...
Forum: Air travel January 3rd, 2011, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Cain
Connection in Frankfurt

?My take on this is if the outgoing Lufthansa is leaving from Section B
Level 2 of T1 you have it made. If the outgoing is from Section A then
you'd best call or...
Forum: Air travel December 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Cain
5 Star Hotels in New York City

?

"Tony Mary" wrote in message
The St. Regis Hotel offers 315 guest rooms and suites feature Louis
Forum: Europe October 28th, 2010, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Cain
Madrid,Transport, Airport to approx centro (say Puerto del Sol).

?

"Donwill" wrote in message ...

I want to travel with cases etc from Barajas to Centro.Last time I
travelled I remember that the taxi was quite expensive, how...
Forum: USA & Canada October 13th, 2010, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Cain
Care to comment on car rental through hotwire?

?Probably zero. Never had a problem/Hotwire w/anything.

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
The rates they offer for cars out...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 244