Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joyce[_2_]
Forum: Cruises June 8th, 2010, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 102
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
First time on a Cruise - have lots of questions..TOM

quit bad mouthing Carnival!!!!!! We have done 11 cruises with Carnival
and love all their ships . Went on HAL to Alaska and will NEVER go on
HAL again...we are in our late 60's and felt like we were...
Forum: Cruises April 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Victoria, BC and passport stamp question..ALL

There is no cruise terminal in Victoria!! We were there last year on
HAL....you get off the ship and go wherever...there are local buses to
take you downtown....
When we came back there was a guard ...
Forum: Cruises April 2nd, 2010, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 28
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
We finally booked our Alaska cruise

am glad to hear that Jeff...we went on the HAL Amsterdam and will never
go on another HAL cruise.....was like being in a funeral home for a
week....beautiful and nice service.most of the time but no...
Forum: Cruises March 13th, 2010, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 57
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Seasickness question...Thumper

I have 2 cardiologists and this is what they prescribe....I have blood
tests every 4 weeks and maintain an inr reading of between 2 & 3.....I
do have to be careful.
Forum: Cruises March 13th, 2010, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 57
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Seasickness question..Brian

I take coumadin for a-fib and take plavix & aspirin because I have a
stent and 4 other blockages although my cholesterol levels are within
normal range.
Forum: Cruises March 11th, 2010, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 57
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Seasickness question

We have always used bonine.....which is the same thing as dramamine,
that has been used for decades. We take 1 tablet after we board and
every day after that...my hubby gets very seasick....I am...
Forum: Cruises March 7th, 2010, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
San Juan Hotels Suggestions

there is a very nice Sheraton right across the street from the port.
Forum: Cruises March 1st, 2010, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 33
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Victoria and Butchart Gardens...Marcia

We got the downtown shuttle bus right in the parking lot by the
ship...forget what it cost but was minimal....dropped us downtown.And
when we were done we just found a bus to take us back to the...
Forum: Cruises February 6th, 2010, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 88
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Carnival Legand 1/10-1/17/2010..CHARLES

YES, Charles, they have "shrunk" the smoking areas....as an ex-smoker
who quit just 11 months ago, and we cruise Carnival exclusively, I can
tell you the smoking areas shrink every year.
Forum: Cruises October 26th, 2009, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Any pictures or videos of Carnival Victory?

not so sure about no kids in Feb....that's spring break week here in
Fl.....and other states.
Forum: Cruises October 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Any pictures or videos of Carnival Victory?

we've been on the Victory...about 5 years ago out of Miami on a western
Caribbean..ship is very nice and an easy one to navigate. we've been on
11 cruises (or is it 12? lol)..and all but 1 has been...
Forum: Cruises October 15th, 2009, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
off topic

hi
go to mail list...click on settings at top right.....click on "extras"
then remove check mark where it says cc to ppl etc.....that should do
it.
Forum: Cruises October 2nd, 2009, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Anybody been on Carnival Victory

YES....in 2004...western Caribbean out of Miami and loved the ship....we
were upgraded to an outside room.....we only cruise with Carnival now
after a bad experience on HAL.
Forum: Cruises June 17th, 2009, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
passenger overboard

was a female passenger and it was a Carnival ship .....happened just
south of Pensacola, FL.....about 11pm last night.
Forum: Cruises March 14th, 2009, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 41
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Favorite Meal onboard

Lobster on all our Carnival cruises....never misss that dinner!!!!
Wasn't even offered on HAL.
Forum: Cruises December 26th, 2008, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
my parents cruises

Thus spake (carol mowat):
my parents went on two cruises to jamacia and had wonderful time!Iwould
love to go on one someday myself but so expensive!Any suggestions?

not to butt...
Forum: Cruises August 1st, 2008, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Joyce[_2_]
Best Alaskan Cruise??????

I hope my Alaska cruise is the best..lol.
Going Aug. 22nd til the 29th on Holland America Amsterdam out of
Seattle.
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17