Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: VacationMamma
Forum: USA & Canada May 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By VacationMamma
Zion or Grand Canyon?

Instead of Red Rocks, go out and see the Hoover Dam - including the
tour.

Don't even think twice about going to Zion instead of the Grand
Canyon. Zion is a US treasure not to be missed and...
Forum: USA & Canada February 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By VacationMamma
Maine Coast ???s

Shelly,
I can't even begin to do the coast of ME justice here. Disclaimer - I
own a vacation cottage there that I rent out: www.rentthisplace.net/
maine.html (but only for a week or more in...
Forum: USA & Canada January 24th, 2007, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
Posted By VacationMamma
Tour in the North USA

Everyboy - I was referring to what the New England states were, as most
Europeans wouldn't know this. Perhaps yo could make a contribution
instead of a dig?

On Jan 24, 4:12 am, "Everyboysmomma"...
Forum: USA & Canada January 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
Posted By VacationMamma
Tour in the North USA

Hi Francesco,
I just returned from Italy and am embarrassed to say though our train
stopped in Turin, we hadn't enough time to visit. I prefer though to
enjoy a few places properly so I am biased a...
Forum: USA & Canada January 23rd, 2007, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By VacationMamma
Extended family vacation resorts?

Can you supply a little more information?
Area of country desired?
Coast, mountains, lake?
Preferable weather?
Total number of people?
General nightly accomodation budget?
Can give you much better...
Forum: USA & Canada December 6th, 2006, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By VacationMamma
Catalina Island - worth going to?

Good heavens yes, this is "worth going to see."
Yes it is too touristy if you stay in the 1/4 mile square area and go
on the yellow sub, but open your eyes and explore the art,
architecture, history,...
Forum: USA & Canada November 28th, 2006, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By VacationMamma
Long Beach, CA

Ths is true, but in reality, most of the hotels are in the same area:
near John Wayne airport or off Dyer ave both are generally safer than
long beach except right at the waterfront. These are...
Forum: USA & Canada November 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By VacationMamma
Phoenix to Costa Mesa TO DOs...?

Your timing might be good to see the migrating CA gray whales out of
Dana Point (probably Newport Beach too, but they come close to the
point)

Check out www.ocean-institute.org to make reservations...
Forum: USA & Canada November 13th, 2006, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By VacationMamma
West coast trip questions

Since you've decided to shorten the trip, i'd sit down with the family
(especially the girls) and find out their greatest interests -
especially the older. You only have a few years to do this...
Forum: USA & Canada November 11th, 2006, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By VacationMamma
Holiday in Italy - Lakes in North Italy

So tell me then. Are the lakes "open" to tourists in the winter,
specifically right before Christmas. Or does everything shut down?
I'll be in Milan and wanted to day trip up there to Maggiore or...
Forum: USA & Canada November 1st, 2006, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By VacationMamma
California travel with a 4 years old boy

wrote:
Hi again,

Thanks a lot for your valuable replies. In the light of the info you've
given and some research we made, we made a rough schedule. Would you
please...
Forum: USA & Canada September 21st, 2006, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 41
Posted By VacationMamma
San Diego Information

Ken Blake wrote:
My wife and I have never been in San Diego before, but are thinking of going
there for a week in mid-November. I have several questions, and thank in
advance anyone who can...
Forum: USA & Canada September 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By VacationMamma
Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket - too cold in October ?

Bobb,
A lot depends on what you want to do. You can get a day of what locals
call "Indian Summer" where it feels like you should be at the beach.
You can also get some very cold nights. That said,...
Forum: USA & Canada July 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 28
Posted By VacationMamma
Grand Canyon

frequently, we can't dismount quite as often. I can't wait 2 1/2 hours
to use a restroom unless I'm cathetarized, which would make riding a
mule uncomfortable anyway... Let's just say the most...
Forum: USA & Canada July 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By VacationMamma
Badlands, South Dakota

Same thoughts on devils Tower

It seems to really be out alone by itself huh?

I think that may be why it is so cool. If it were in the middle of
Bryce or Monument Valley, no one would think...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15