Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: F. D. Lewis
Forum: Air travel November 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 11
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Beware of AA Ticket Change Fees

On Nov 2, 9:07 am, Gerry wrote:
I thought I had all the ducks in a row on October 3rd when I booked
four return tickets from Minneapolis to San Juan (outbound Monday Jan
Forum: Air travel October 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 15
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Engine Noise and Seating

are there any web sites that provide warnings about engine noise?
SeatGuru does not.

a month ago we took Korean Air from Bangkok to LAX. on the Incheon to
LA leg we had selected seats in the...
Forum: Air travel August 22nd, 2007, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Airfare to Korea

On Aug 22, 3:05 am, "Luca" wrote:
Hi

Can anyone give me advice as to the cheapest airfare to Korea from
Italy ??

begin with sites such as Expedia and...
Forum: Air travel August 13th, 2007, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 30
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Travelocity Charges More When People are Dying

On Aug 13, 12:00 am, wrote:
Travelocity Charges More When People are Dying

My wife is a senior citizen. My wife's younger sister is dying. My
wife needs to get from New...
Forum: Air travel July 20th, 2007, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Virgin or British??????

On Jul 20, 11:49 am, " wrote:
. . . Before his trip to London he will
be in San Francisco, so he is going to fly into JFK on Virgin America.

pardon me, but in...
Forum: Air travel May 24th, 2007, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Skybus Airlines and food

just looked at the Skybus 'Rules of Flying' section. found this:

'Oh, and don't sneak food onboard unless you brought enough for the
whole plane.'

this comes after they explain how you save money...
Forum: Air travel May 23rd, 2007, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By F. D. Lewis
So - How's Korean Air?

On May 23, 2:40 am, "A Mate" wrote:
Incheon to Atlanta and return. Anyone flown that route?

we flew between Incheon and Chicago recently in business class. the
new...
Forum: Air travel May 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By F. D. Lewis
So - How's Korean Air?

On May 23, 2:40 am, "A Mate" wrote:
Incheon to Atlanta and return. Anyone flown that route?

we flew between Incheon and Chicago recently in business class. the
new...
Forum: Air travel April 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Australia to Thailand - currency questions

On Apr 3, 8:21 pm, wrote:
I will be travelling from Australia to Thailand soon.

I am thinking about the best way to handle the currency conversion of
Australian dollars...
Forum: Air travel February 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Flights to Bahamas from NYC

On Feb 28, 1:11 pm, (P L) wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any direct flights to the Bahamas from JFK
or LGA? Thanks

yes. lots of them. try...
Forum: Air travel February 3rd, 2007, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By F. D. Lewis
good agents in Bangkok for Bangkok-NYC flights

On Feb 2, 9:29 am, "doogie" wrote:
I need to buy a roundtrip from Bangkok to New York and back, and want
it cheap. So far, no luck. Can anyone recommend a good travel...
Forum: Air travel January 30th, 2007, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 43
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Why bother going to India?

The person lives in small town near Delhi; the flight is from Delhi to
Bombay, nothing exotic.

what about Air India (www.airindia.com)?

looking at their website, it seems that they do e-tix...
Forum: Air travel December 11th, 2006, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Trip to New York

On Dec 11, 8:08 am, "Talal Itani" wrote:
I am planning a business trip to New York City. I believe multiple airports
serve the Manhattan area: La Guardia, JFK, maybe New...
Forum: Air travel November 18th, 2006, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Passport control

On Nov 17, 7:06 pm, Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:
Henry wrote:
Interesting. Mrs Henry and I are in exactly the same situation but on
the several occasions we have tried...
Forum: Air travel November 17th, 2006, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By F. D. Lewis
How safe are baggage contents?

On Nov 16, 11:34 am, The Litwaks wrote:
I've read that baggage handles pilfer the contents of bags ...
Or, what is most likely to disappear?

removing things is...
Forum: Air travel November 17th, 2006, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Duty-Free Booze. Is it worth it?

there have been some discussions about buying booze, wine, etc. airside
and taking it on a flight. I often check prices as I'm going to the
gate and have never found any fantastic bargins. ...
Forum: Air travel November 16th, 2006, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Departure tax - Thailand

On Nov 15, 4:56 pm, "KGB" (KGB)
wrote:
As we are only in transit through Bangkok, do we have to pay a
Thailand departure tax and if so what currency - do we have...
Forum: Air travel November 15th, 2006, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By F. D. Lewis
free internet on Boeing

I'm over Russia now on a Korean Air flight. just found out that Boeing
has made it's aircraft internet service free. 'tis slow and ragged,
but . . .

seems that Boeing is phasing out this service. ...
Forum: Air travel October 29th, 2006, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Olympic Airways

On Oct 28, 3:02 pm, wrote:
I had been warned that Olympic Airlines, was on the verge of
bankruptcy, frequently cancelled flights and generally screwed up. I
Forum: Air travel October 12th, 2006, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By F. D. Lewis
between NYC airports

thanks for all the answers and ideas. we booked tix to LGA and plan to
take a taxi to a hotel near JFK the day before our Thai Air flight to
Bangkok.

for those curious about United award tix, we...
Forum: Air travel October 11th, 2006, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By F. D. Lewis
between NYC airports

On Oct 11, 8:32 am, "
wrote:
F. D. Lewis wrote:
we're leaving from New York's JFK to go overseas. to get there, United
wants to fly us...
Forum: Air travel October 11th, 2006, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By F. D. Lewis
between NYC airports

we're leaving from New York's JFK to go overseas. to get there, United
wants to fly us to Chicago, then Dulles, and then on to JFK. but, it
seems that we can go from Chicago to either LaGuardia or...
Forum: Air travel August 22nd, 2006, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By F. D. Lewis
Korean Air Business Class

L and R wrote:
I've been searching online about Korean Air's Business Class
Service. Scanning their website, it seems that they have some planes with
some really nice new seats, and...
Forum: Asia August 21st, 2006, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai,soc.culture.hongkong
Replies: 6
Posted By F. D. Lewis
How to divide 15 days among Bangkok, Hanoi, HK, Beijing?

Kirans Cousin wrote:
F. D. Lewis wrote:
. . .
: b) you are a male US or European citizen.

Yes (US) but a new complication: my GF is talking about joining on this
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30